This is for other Ghostbusters Props that don't fit into the categories above.
By Dr. Ray Stantz
Does anyone know what a good figure is to start off with if I were to make ghostbusters figures out of them based on my GB team?

-Thanks
By GhostbusterRayStantz
I'm not sure if I understand you correctly but if you wanted to BUY custom made figures of you and your friends (when you say your GB Team), go check out the site: http://www.andgor.com/ gallery.html. On some other of the site pages it says that you need to send them photos of angles of your head and they carve out the shape of your head in action figure form. Take a look at who's on the bottom of the site page. Hope this helps.
By Dr. Ray Stantz
I tried them once. I e-mailed them for an estimate almost a year ago...trice, and never got a reply. I was thinking more along the lines of buying already existing action figures and moding them myself.
By phantom50
DO NOT!!! go to ANDGOR for anything but a ripoff!!! TRUST ME. The Murray head looks good, but it was made custom for a toy magazine, Toyfare. This guy does nothing but ripoff most of everyone that sends him money. Check out his BBB complaints for starters. Or go here for detailed info:

http://www.orlando.bbb.org/codbrep.html ... rchStd.asp

There is a LONG, BAD history of this guy. STAY AWAY!!!

This is just for 1/6 scale items, which I am working on in some free time. Custom heads would be the hardest to come by, but once I actually make the 1/6 scale proton pack a reality the heads will start popping up in the community for sure. Uniforms, traps, PKE's, etc all in the works as well.

Brock
phantom50
By Jeff
I'd start with Real Ghostbusters figures. Then you'd just have to replace the head and you'd be done.
By Dr. Ray Stantz
Yeah, that's the only thing I'm having trouble with would be the heads and the fact that they're based on my team. I want to feature the figures in my fan film currenlty in production. I dont know...I'll rummage through some old stuff and see if I dont have some old figures that i can already mod. I just dread the thought of modding my RGB figures.... :( And what I also need just as much as the heads would be the movie accurate equipment. Thanks for the help guys. Keep me updated on your equipment phantom. :D

EDIT: What if I were to make a mold of my RGB figures and just make copies of them and then mod the heads. They woul'dnt move I dont guess but hell it'd still work. But I have no idea how to cast, mold, a figure or even what materials I'd need. Any help would be much appreciated.
By Jeff
It would probably be cheaper to just buy some new RGB figures off Ebay.

Are there any actors that look like you? If so you could buy a figure based off one of his movies, pull the head off, and stick it on an RGB figure.
By sonicblaster59
What if I were to make a mold of my RGB figures and just make copies of them and then mod the heads.

Or you could just make them "plushies"...

8)
By Dr. Ray Stantz
No...no plushies. Here's a pic. of us if it helps with ideas:

I'm not sure what other actors you'd use for us.... :(
By bernard damon
why not use wwe figures. it wouldn't hurt.
By Dr. Ray Stantz
Did you just add on to the already existing head or did you take the old one off and start from scratch? I have no sculpting skills what so ever so I'd never be able to make a head from scratch, only add on. Looks great by the way. How much do they run for though?
By Guyver
Dr. Ray Stantz wrote: Did you just add on to the already existing head or did you take the old one off and start from scratch? I have no sculpting skills what so ever so I'd never be able to make a head from scratch, only add on. Looks great by the way. How much do they run for though?

I added on to the head that came with the figure but added ALOT. Had to flesh out the face. add the hair and the glasses as well as rebuild the nose.
As for the price, depends, I am sure you can pic up a few cheep on e-bay.
By Dr. Ray Stantz
Hmmmm. I can do the equipment and the jumpsuit. I'll probably get my friend to scult the face. He's into Warhammer so it should'nt be much to him.
By Guyver
Well, personaly I can't wait to see them. Good luck. I always liek to see how close custom stuff of real folks comes out.
By Dr. Ray Stantz
Eh...not too sure I'm looking forward to the outcome...lol...may not be the best, but we'll see. :D Thanks for the encouragement though.
By Dr. Ray Stantz
Ok, sorry for the double post, first off. Now, I found one on ebay for pretty cheap. If I were to only buy one how hard would it be to mold him and cast him to make 2 other figures?
By Guyver
Dr. Ray Stantz wrote: Ok, sorry for the double post, first off. Now, I found one on ebay for pretty cheap. If I were to only buy one how hard would it be to mold him and cast him to make 2 other figures?

Well the body suits on these figs are rubber. I am not sure how that would work out.
By Dr. Ray Stantz
damn....I just dont have the cash to buy 3 of these things. The one on ebay is $5.99. There are two others both around $20. The shipping on one of them is $14 something and I dont know if I want to pay $30 just for one figure. I dont know...Maybe the older star trek figures...but those dont really look like jump suits... :( I dont know. My local comic shop has three bins of old toys, $3 a piece. I might be able to find SOMETHING...
By dr.raystanz
Ok, so I've aquired the figures and began moding them with green stuff. But now I need to worry about proton packs. From what I remember you'rs was made from sculpey clay. But clay can often be heavy and I dont what my figures but to be but so heavy. I'm trying to find someone who can make scaled resin proton packs( I saw it done on proptopis, but have been unsucsessfull at finding the topic again). Check this thread to see a very blury progress pic depicting the scale of one of the figures:

http://www.gbprops.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1018
By gbmatt
i know what mini pack your talkin about...it wasnt resin if i recall right ...it was done on a cgc machine or something like that.......but the guy only had one and wasnt selling it or anything...cant remember exactly my memory is a bit blurry
By Exoray
The one on Proptopia was done on a 3D printer or rapid prototyping machine...

Scultpt one out of clay or putty and then learn on to cast your own, you should be able to slush cast the shell and keep the weight down, by simply using a cardboard motherboard on the slush cast shell...

As for figures, I would go with 12" dolls (Full size GI Joe, Special Forces or generics) that way you can actually find flight suits, combat boots are given and you can even get scaled Alice frames...
By hmmurdock_00
Good idea with the GI joes, hadn't thought of that.

Only if an Ectomobile was that large then you really have a cool set.
By Spooky
Find some full size GI JOE style figures (or knock off Army guys) that look similar.
By dr.raystanz
I'm using Star Trek nemesis figures....They're on hault and I made some descent packs from legos...not TOO acurate...but whatever. When I find my camera, I'll take some pics. A lot of what's holding me back is I dont have any paint...

A new update has gone through. Some bug fixes but […]

From what I can tell, the variations are for dista[…]

End papers printed for the prototype: https://i[…]

Cool, should work fine for you. Let me know how it[…]