By KarlLiperaWicken
Hello All!

New to this Forum but been a huge fan since i was small, from cartoon to films and everything in between that. i've wanted a proton pack a lifetime and now am looking seriously into getting one.

I am brand new so apologies for the dumb questions! is building one myself or simply attempting to buy one best? I have limited skills at building anything so i guess the question is; which is cheaper and if it is to build one, is it a case of "simply" putting it together following the parts list and I am sure there is a guide on here.

I've read a lot of threads so far so checking in to see which is best. What is the turn around time for building one as well? There is no rush just a question (within reason) - appreciate advanced builders will be quicker

thanks!
LW
By DancingToaster
Hello, and welcome! Other users here will probably have a lot more to contribute than me, but personally, I built a pack out of EVA foam based on this tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbHYg0JAm3U
It ended up costing me a bit more than expected because of tools (which I can use for other stuff) and extra parts, but I had a lot of fun. The finished product also only weighs a few pounds. I've seen others who have added more tech to theirs, but it would involve some improvising. It took me about 2 months to finish, but time working on it varied from week to week.

Another option is the Spirit Halloween pack: It all depends on how much time and or money you want to spend, what you want it to look like, etc. Again, others have done really creative ones using different kits, 3d printing, etc. Honestly, my EVA project probably cost me more total than the Spirit Halloween life size pack would have (had it existed in 2022), so I mostly recommend that if you really like DIY stuff.
By tobycj
If you buy a kit they are relatively easy to assemble, you don't need a huge amount in the way of tools to do so.

In terms of timescales, I've seen folk build a pack in less than a week from start to finish, and I've seen some folk take literally years (a lot of that is sourcing particularly hard to find parts!).
By CaptainAssholay
A life size spirit pack is a pretty easy entry point into pack building, it's a good sized shell with enough space to work in and the amount of community mods for it are countless. You can take your time upgrading parts as you want instead of having to cobble together everything at once.
    Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Appreciate the input. Yeah I'm sure someone has. I[…]

A new update has gone through. Some bug fixes but […]

From what I can tell, the variations are for dista[…]

End papers printed for the prototype: https://i[…]