I had my pack made by someone and need some help.

On the sound fx I want the movie sounds. I flipped 3 and 5 up on the dipswitch on the pack board and flipped up on 6 for the hum. They were originally all down.
When I press the button on the wand I get the firing fx, but when I let go it just gives me a really quick buzz and nothing else. No other sound and no stream end.

The dipswitch in the wand was set to 1 and 5 up. Is that right or should it be 1 off and 2, 3 and 5 on? or is there another issue?
Last edited by GreenGoblin on March 11th, 2024, 8:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I happened to be searching for an answer/help all day and I found a post from several years ago where someone had the same issue where the movie sounds has no stream end like the TVG does and said that's how it is. He said he had to add the sound, but didn't say how.

I found a video on Youtube where someone moved sound files. Would I just replace the file 062 which seems to be the movie sounds stream end which just stops with the 016 and name it the same?

What's the best SD card to use if I wanted to copy files and use a new one just in case I mess something up?
If it's acting weird I'd just put all the sound files back on the card instead of finding the one you think is the issue. I'm assuming you've found it already but if not the documentation and sound card files are at the bottom of the sound board page here - https://www.gbfans.com/shop/amplified-sound-board/

I wouldn't worry about messing up when it comes to copying the sound files back over but if you want a second card just go with whatever brand is on sale at the time, just don't drop money on a high capacity one since you can't really add more than whats on the card already.
So I messed around today trying to get things to work.
First I replaced the 062 sound file which is where the movie sounds are and is the end stream effect which is basically no sound. After I did that sounds were all messed up elsewhere. I was getting hum sounds when turning the wand on and off.
I got an sd card I had lying around and uploaded all of the sound files onto it and nothing worked at all.
I replaced the original sd card with the old 062 file and sounds are back to the way they were. End stream is just a quick buzz. I know in the movie they really didn't have an end stream sound, but shouldn't me replacing the sound file with another work?
All of the TVG sounds work, but I want the movie sounds.
To continue updates with this I ended up contacting Bryan at Docs Prop Shop who did the pack to see if he had any ideas. All I got was a quick, "I dont remember how the boards are set up." Great support.

I ended up moving the movie sounds into the tvg files. Now I have all of the sounds I want.....except for power down. If I flip the wand switches off all I'm getting is a quick rumble. Not the power down sound I am looking for or what should be imo file 011. I can't even find a file in the folder to figure out which sound I'm getting when turning it off.

Only downside is they’ll likely be so expens[…]

I know you didn’t ask me, but here’s[…]

Ghostbusters Day 2024

Some new details on the Buffalo Ghostbusters' cele[…]

I'd love a photo of how you wired up the charging […]