By wdoneal
I am wanting to do a RGB uniform for my next suit. I already have khaki and grey. Now I really want to do a RGB Venkman suit . I know Magnoli makes them but that's a bit out of my budget. I see that the suit is brown and I think dark teal. My question is has anyone tried the two tone for the collar? . Is there a way to just dye it or does it need to be taken off dyed and then put back on? Just curious if anyone else has attempted this and how you did it.

Thanks
gamera1968 liked this
By Pcal6883
I think taking the color off and dying it separately is the way to go. Not sure what your sewing skill level is. I'd probably take it to a tailor/seamstress and have them do the removal and re-attachment.
Another option for the collar and cuffs for an RGB style jumpsuit would be to source the proper colored fabric from another item of clothing, like a sweatshirt. I recall seeing on a post here a few years ago, that someone had made a RGB Venkman jumpsuit using a brown Dickies jumpsuit as the base and the cutting off the collar and cuffs from green sweatshirt.

I am planning on doing the same thing myself, once I get another tan jumpsuit from here to dye brown first.

Oh my...this will be interesting...

Hey guys, its been over a month without updates an[…]

Nice work! I have considered trying a 3D print pac[…]

Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Appreciate the input. Yeah I'm sure someone has. I[…]