PetroMan wrote: August 4th, 2023, 5:16 pm So I have a DIY setup for the Haslab pack and I also hooked up an isolated nano to a hidden toggle switch to manually turn on some extra video game inspired lights. Is there any reason why I should not hook the extra nano up to the data line in read only mode to have it turn on and shut down when the main pack controller starts up and shuts down? (Even better if it would turn off during the overheat sequence.)

This might be a really silly question on my part but I am basically a novice on arduino. I don't want to accidentally wreck anything or interfere with the main pack and wand connectivity which otherwise works great.

Thanks to anyone that can provide some insight.
There is a video game add-on module in the works that will communicate to the pack board over a serial connection with the RX2/TX2 lines from the pack. It is still awhile away but I can add some preliminary output on those serial lines right now if you want, such as: pack on/ pack off/ pack overheating and you can read it on your nano to make it do what you want with the extra video game inspired lights you installed.
PetroMan liked this
gpstar - just curious if all the features being advertised in the plug n play thread also work with this DIY setup?

I bought all the parts to do this (was going to help with some beta testing but got side tracked) but I still intend on doing it, and was wondering if the the DIY setup will yield the same results as the plug n play…

And just to say yet again - amazing work!

Sean
SP Productions wrote: August 5th, 2023, 10:50 am gpstar - just curious if all the features being advertised in the plug n play thread also work with this DIY setup?

I bought all the parts to do this (was going to help with some beta testing but got side tracked) but I still intend on doing it, and was wondering if the the DIY setup will yield the same results as the plug n play…

And just to say yet again - amazing work!

Sean
Pack: yes
Wand: everything but the bargraph and optional hat lights and wand tip light. This is because there is absolutely no free pins left on the nano boards to do this.

Also the eeprom configuration menus are disabled on the diy wand, but I’m working on a way around that. Currently 98% of the storage is used for diy builds for the nanos in the wand, I’ve been working on optimising the wand code more and more to reduce the storage used so I can fit the eeprom configuration menus in for the diy wands. It’s not a high priority though as you can always flash your configuration setups over manually.
SP Productions liked this
gpstar wrote: August 5th, 2023, 4:34 am There is a video game add-on module in the works that will communicate to the pack board over a serial connection with the RX2/TX2 lines from the pack. It is still awhile away but I can add some preliminary output on those serial lines right now if you want, such as: pack on/ pack off/ pack overheating and you can read it on your nano to make it do what you want with the extra video game inspired lights you installed.
That would be wonderful, thank you so much.
The opening post contain a lot information. Quick question from a huge novice:
Is there a data link via the Battery Adapter between the Haslabs Wand and Haslabs Proton Pack?

I found a Hose and Wand Battery Adapter replacement on Etsy which long term and want to use that to start using NON-MODIFIED Wands with original/Spirit Packs. So, kind of vital that I find out in advance if there's a digital signal being carried in that power supply to take advantage if there is one.
UncannyGirl wrote: April 17th, 2024, 1:43 pm The opening post contain a lot information. Quick question from a huge novice:
Is there a data link via the Battery Adapter between the Haslabs Wand and Haslabs Proton Pack?

I found a Hose and Wand Battery Adapter replacement on Etsy which long term and want to use that to start using NON-MODIFIED Wands with original/Spirit Packs. So, kind of vital that I find out in advance if there's a digital signal being carried in that power supply to take advantage if there is one.
No. There is not. The Hasbro pack uses the auto shut off (stupid feature...) and then reads the voltage draw of the wand to kick back on once the wand is on, but that's just voltage detection. There is no communication otherwise, since the wand came out one or two years before the pack did, with zero intention for a pack.
UncannyGirl liked this
@gpstar,

Thanks for all this info. I’m working on lashing up my 1984 wand to a spirit pack. I was planning on tossing an arduino in the spirit pack just to run cyclotron and powercell LEDs, but then have it communicate with the wand via serial. In the wand I was going to use another arduino wires up similarly to your keep alive setup. So on the factory board, is P008 just a high/low output based on the state of the rumble motor?

Thanks!

I know you didn’t ask me, but here&rsquo[…]

The Video Game Lifegard

I made one a few years ago using a Lifegard IV and[…]

On one screw when I was drilling out the plug I we[…]

Only downside is they’ll likely be so expens[…]