Discuss the upcoming 4th movie, Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire to be released in March 2024.
13th Floor wrote: March 24th, 2024, 2:26 pmThe animated show/movie is already underway so there's at least that to look foward to.
We'll see about that. I feel like they said that about "Ecto Force" and that never materialized. I also feel like they've been saying that about the mystery animated movie. My guess is that Sony is not actually going to let this stuff get that far down the pipeline unless they know for sure the series has momentum.
Weve been hearing about this animated series since 2016.It has been in the works for so long I'll believe it when we eventually see it, if at all. We got concept artwork for that ghosts as busters then nothing ever since. Nothing from Netflix's supposed series either. With all the hype around FE right now you think there would be an update at least. WTF?
timeware wrote:Weve been hearing about this animated series since 2016.It has been in the works for so long I'll believe it when we eventually see it, if at all. We got concept artwork for that ghosts as busters then nothing ever since. Nothing from Netflix's supposed series either. With all the hype around FE right now you think there would be an update at least. WTF?
Ecto-Force was stated to be shelved after offers from streamers came in so they could focus on Afterlife.

The concepts of ghosts as busters was from an early iteration of the animated movie being worked on now with different people.

We just got a status update on the current animated series from Gil Kenan.

Both the current animated movie and animated series were announced on a GB Day. It feels like a given, they will both come up this upcoming GB Day.
Deadline, in keeping with their other writeups about Frozen Empire, has one brief paragraph in their international box office write-up that is more positive than the way other outlets framed the $16m overseas take, noting that it's 15% ahead of Afterlife. They also have info on territories left to open.

https://deadline.com/2024/03/ghostbuste ... 235866885/
tylergfoster wrote:Deadline, in keeping with their other writeups about Frozen Empire, has one brief paragraph in their international box office write-up that is more positive than the way other outlets framed the $16m overseas take, noting that it's 15% ahead of Afterlife. They also have info on territories left to open.

https://deadline.com/2024/03/ghostbuste ... 235866885/
I keep forgetting the movie will open April 10 in some places.
Feels like april was the ideal month for FE to open not march
Saw it on opening day, Friday night, 7:15pm at my local Cinemark.
I give it a solid 8/10. Afterlife was a 9.5/10 (only because of lack of 2009 bits)
Personally, I think it could have been MUCH better. an 8/10 from me for a Ghostbusters movie is more like a 5 from everybody else.
Nitpicks:
This Post Contains Spoilers
Praises:

My main takeaways are "I really gotta buy the disc." There's clearly gonna be a MASSIVE amount of cut content. Excited for it.
Wafflerobot liked this
The_Y33TER wrote: March 25th, 2024, 9:58 amMy main takeaways are "I really gotta buy the disc." There's clearly gonna be a MASSIVE amount of cut content. Excited for it.
I wish this were true, but the interview with Gil posted in the deleted footage thread makes it sound like he is acting like Jason did and claiming there isn't a ton of deleted material. To be fair, it does seem like most of the material was trimmed out of scenes that are still in the movie, so maybe that's the loophole they're using to say, "well, only a couple of scenes were deleted," but I'm preparing for a disc that doesn't include a bunch of cut content.

(This is maybe a reach, but could it be that someone got it into their head that having so much cut content on the 2016 releases was a bad look in some way?)
tylergfoster wrote: March 25th, 2024, 11:08 am
The_Y33TER wrote: March 25th, 2024, 9:58 amMy main takeaways are "I really gotta buy the disc." There's clearly gonna be a MASSIVE amount of cut content. Excited for it.
I wish this were true, but the interview with Gil posted in the deleted footage thread makes it sound like he is acting like Jason did and claiming there isn't a ton of deleted material. To be fair, it does seem like most of the material was trimmed out of scenes that are still in the movie, so maybe that's the loophole they're using to say, "well, only a couple of scenes were deleted," but I'm preparing for a disc that doesn't include a bunch of cut content.

(This is maybe a reach, but could it be that someone got it into their head that having so much cut content on the 2016 releases was a bad look in some way?)
The hours of cut ATC content was awesome! Hate Sony.
tylergfoster wrote: March 25th, 2024, 11:27 am
The_Y33TER wrote: March 25th, 2024, 11:13 amThe hours of cut ATC content was awesome! Hate Sony.
To be clear, that's pure speculation on my part. Could just be that they're uncomfortable with the cut material being available, as many filmmakers are.
Afterlife didn't even have a gag reel which surprised me
TheManEatingToaster wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 12:07 am Just came back from theater... wow, this IS the sequel I was hoping for. I'll try to write more about what I thought on the Talkback Thread though. It was awesome, it was my first time suiting up with the whole kit and people we're asking for photos, it was pretty cool seeing kids impressed by the Spirit pack. I went just in time to take pictures with people and watch the movie on time. I was hooked from the start to end!
Welcome to the group! I been trooping since 1990 and I NEVER had the experience I had Thursday at my local theater. Watched it, then geared up. Walking to the building, I heard (!) THAT siren, turned to see a family Ecto!
By the time I got inside, there were about 10 kids/adults wearing gear or jumpsuits. The Ecto 1 family walked in to see the 2nd show that day. Now numbers grew to ghost head themed tshirts and kids with popcorn traps.
Pictures galore; many MANY compliments. And that's kinda what it's about. The positive, welcoming joy we all get. Nothing like it.
:cool:
Apologies in advance if I'm posting this in the wrong forum, but I have a question...

If you think you have a strong outline for a story. Would you pitch it? Don't get me wrong, I know even you did there is next to no chance of it materialising into anything, I just think I have a strong story. We're ghost buster fans, don't we all?
MovieFacts wrote:Apologies in advance if I'm posting this in the wrong forum, but I have a question...

If you think you have a strong outline for a story. Would you pitch it? Don't get me wrong, I know even you did there is next to no chance of it materialising into anything, I just think I have a strong story. We're ghost buster fans, don't we all?
I had a grain of an idea when i saw the trailers for Frozen Empire.
It would be about GB trying to secure a marketing deal with a toy company and a contract with the city so they need to try and keep damage to a minimum for good PR till they secure their contracts.Problem is,right in the opening of the movie while on a routine call,the team the team runs into a powerful demon that wants to make midtown his new home.
That's how far i got in my "idea" but the joke would be about GB trying to keep up a good reputation on social media,the news and the government while there's a interdimensional being they are trying to capture.
If GB 84 takes on the Reagan "pull yourself by your bootstraps"/ start a business fantasy i would like to see the GB company dealing with modern bureocracy and social media on their own terms.How do they navigate that?
I also wanted the demon to be able to speak and be kinda funny and scary played by a huge actor like Reacher's Alan Ritchson
MovieFacts liked this
Bison256 wrote: March 23rd, 2024, 4:41 pm Red letter media liked the movie overall
...they were really weirdly hung up on the Phoebe sub plot.

mrmichaelt wrote: March 23rd, 2024, 11:52 pm Mckenna Grace had a rebuttal about that the other day but I haven't watched it yet.
I'll say it again—she's a fantastic ambassador for the franchise. She gets it.

deadderek wrote: March 24th, 2024, 10:58 pm Why is this thread labeled "potential Afterlife spoilers" ?
I presume because the film hasn't been released in every market yet, and we have international friends in the forum to consider.

MovieFacts wrote: March 25th, 2024, 1:14 pm If you think you have a strong outline for a story. Would you pitch it? Don't get me wrong, I know even you did there is next to no chance of it materialising into anything, I just think I have a strong story. We're ghost buster fans, don't we all?
I mean... you've got a deep knowledge of cinema and the franchise. You seem well-connected. It's worth a shot.
MovieFacts, PukieDoug liked this
The_Y33TER wrote: March 25th, 2024, 9:58 am Saw it on opening day, Friday night, 7:15pm at my local Cinemark.
I give it a solid 8/10. Afterlife was a 9.5/10 (only because of lack of 2009 bits)
Personally, I think it could have been MUCH better. an 8/10 from me for a Ghostbusters movie is more like a 5 from everybody else.
Nitpicks:
Praises:

My main takeaways are "I really gotta buy the disc." There's clearly gonna be a MASSIVE amount of cut content. Excited for it.
RedSpecial, mrmichaelt, groschopf and 2 others liked this
timeware wrote: March 25th, 2024, 5:31 pm I don't think i'll ever get the answer to what happens if someone eats a mini-puft but we know what happens when Slimer eats a pizza. It's nice to know that wasn't all CGI. Overall Doug, what did you think of the movie you worked on?
I enjoyed watching it , I noticed a few nice effects were not in the Final Cut including a ghost character that appears to have been replaced by Bonesy who I had never seen before, Gil mentioned recently that they cut 2 major scenes so probably in those . I did like it . I would like to see it again , saw it on an IMax screen on Sunday at 5:30pm and only about 20 people in there , which I thought may not be good news, but since have seen the film has made over £1billion , so that’s quite a profit. Glad if that’s true
timeware liked this
tylergfoster wrote: March 25th, 2024, 11:27 am
The_Y33TER wrote: March 25th, 2024, 11:13 amThe hours of cut ATC content was awesome! Hate Sony.
To be clear, that's pure speculation on my part. Could just be that they're uncomfortable with the cut material being available, as many filmmakers are.
L sony
PukieDoug wrote: March 25th, 2024, 4:27 pm
RAD! Awesome to see someone from production here. None of those things I called CGI tho. I really loved the mechanics of all the stuff you did though, super cool stuff.
PukieDoug liked this
Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Appreciate the input. Yeah I'm sure someone has. I[…]

A new update has gone through. Some bug fixes but […]

From what I can tell, the variations are for dista[…]

End papers printed for the prototype: https://i[…]