Discuss the upcoming 4th movie, Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire to be released in March 2024.
groschopf wrote: March 25th, 2024, 1:37 pm
Bison256 wrote: March 23rd, 2024, 4:41 pm Red letter media liked the movie overall
deadderek wrote: March 24th, 2024, 10:58 pm Why is this thread labeled "potential Afterlife spoilers" ?
I presume because the film hasn't been released in every market yet, and we have international friends in the forum to consider.
If they haven't seen Afterlife by now they shouldn't be here.
@PukieDoug - was "Pukey" the ghost named after you?
I wanted to see a lot more of the little spud, but he was awesome in the scenes he was in.
Strange how they Left phosphor’s tank in this video as he was cut from the film and Bonesy put in his place

gamera1968 wrote: March 26th, 2024, 7:56 am @PukieDoug - was "Pukey" the ghost named after you?
I wanted to see a lot more of the little spud, but he was awesome in the scenes he was in.
Ha ha , No . We made the big Puke cannon and I did all the ectopuke we did lots of tests with it and then my boss asked if I could make an on set puppet very fast to represent Pukey on set , I was given a life size printed pic of him and worked from that. There were some other shots done of Pukey that diddnt make the Final Cut
gamera1968, Ectopher liked this
PukieDoug wrote: March 25th, 2024, 4:27 pm I worked a lot on the possessor, the radio controlled vacuum cleaner, paper plane rig, shaking telephone , the broom falling and hitting podcasts recording pack, swinging out the table in the library basement where Andy’s Edison phonograph shoots the wax cylinder in to the trash bag ( I made three versions of walking Baggy puppet for that) I also helped with the possessed wand and made the pizza, so they were not cgi but had some polishing done .[/spoiler]
These practical effects were so wonderful. I'm especially pleased to hear the possessor trashbag and the pizza were puppets, even if they did get CGI touchups. I'd love to know anything about how those were rigged and operated. Fingers crossed we'll see a making-of book along the lines of the material in the Ultimate Visual History and the Afterlife books.

Meanwhile hope you're feeling better Doug!
MovieFacts wrote: March 26th, 2024, 9:16 am If you want to read my GB film idea. Here it is.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C4-zsfrIt3h ... Y2ZHdxNXVj
It would definetly be the heaviest GB movie to date but i really like the idea of a Jack the Ripper style villain and the Ghostbusters using their detective skills,something we haven't really seen before.The team while composed of scientists aren't really detectives like cops are so they would probably be coming into a situation like that overwhelmed and not knowing exactly what to do,a good way to caught the smartest people.on the team off.guard.
MovieFacts liked this
PukieDoug wrote: March 26th, 2024, 8:55 am Strange how they Left phosphor’s tank in this video as he was cut from the film and Bonesy put in his place
The pre-release list of ghosts Sony put out called the one we see in the film Phosphor! Is that one actually Bonesy? In which case what actually is Phosphor?
robbritton wrote: March 26th, 2024, 10:40 am
PukieDoug wrote: March 26th, 2024, 8:55 am Strange how they Left phosphor’s tank in this video as he was cut from the film and Bonesy put in his place
The pre-release list of ghosts Sony put out called the one we see in the film Phosphor! Is that one actually Bonesy? In which case what actually is Phosphor?
Thought Phosphor was the creepy blue ghost.
I thought it was kinda funny that he was just creeping around just looking around,waiting....
A shame they didn't use much of him
PukieDoug, robbritton liked this
13th Floor wrote: March 26th, 2024, 9:41 am
MovieFacts wrote: March 26th, 2024, 9:16 am If you want to read my GB film idea. Here it is.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C4-zsfrIt3h ... Y2ZHdxNXVj
It would definetly be the heaviest GB movie to date but i really like the idea of a Jack the Ripper style villain and the Ghostbusters using their detective skills,something we haven't really seen before.The team while composed of scientists aren't really detectives like cops are so they would probably be coming into a situation like that overwhelmed and not knowing exactly what to do,a good way to caught the smartest people.on the team off.guard.
Thank you! I appreciate your feedback.
13th Floor, gamera1968 liked this
mardin_chatzuk wrote: March 26th, 2024, 9:10 am
PukieDoug wrote: March 25th, 2024, 4:27 pm I worked a lot on the possessor, the radio controlled vacuum cleaner, paper plane rig, shaking telephone , the broom falling and hitting podcasts recording pack, swinging out the table in the library basement where Andy’s Edison phonograph shoots the wax cylinder in to the trash bag ( I made three versions of walking Baggy puppet for that) I also helped with the possessed wand and made the pizza, so they were not cgi but had some polishing done .[/spoiler]
These practical effects were so wonderful. I'm especially pleased to hear the possessor trashbag and the pizza were puppets, even if they did get CGI touchups. I'd love to know anything about how those were rigged and operated. Fingers crossed we'll see a making-of book along the lines of the material in the Ultimate Visual History and the Afterlife books.

Meanwhile hope you're feeling better Doug!
Thank you. I’m not shaking now so appear to over the fever .
There was a making of team working a lot who were doing a great job. Some
Of their footage has been seen already.
I am under an NDA so if Erich reich and my Boss John are ok with me sharing how I did my rigs and gags then maybe I can do a live podcast or something down the line . Thanks for your interest
gamera1968, deadderek, Ectopher and 1 others liked this
13th Floor wrote: March 26th, 2024, 10:43 am

I thought it was kinda funny that he was just creeping around just looking around,waiting....
No that is Bonesy, they released a toy of him early on , wasn’t in the script we had. Phosphor was VERY different and had his own scene later on . So am hoping he may be in the deleted scenes. I made the on set puppet which was filmed on and he was scanned by Vis FX but maybe they did not rendor him . Who knows. There were some changes after and during the script writer and SAG strikes . So very hard to know . I finished on Firehouse at the end of June last year

The early toy figure releases had bonesy Slimer and Pukey
Looks like phosphor was cut entirely. Sorry I can’t say what he was as he may be shown in later cuts I do have a couple
Of pics of the on set puppet I made but , until I’m allowed I can’t show you sorry
Last edited by PukieDoug on March 26th, 2024, 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gamera1968, robbritton liked this
PukieDoug wrote: March 26th, 2024, 9:00 am
gamera1968 wrote: March 26th, 2024, 7:56 am @PukieDoug - was "Pukey" the ghost named after you?
Ha ha , No . We made the big Puke cannon and I did all the ectopuke we did lots of tests with it and then my boss asked if I could make an on set puppet very fast to represent Pukey on set , I was given a life size printed pic of him and worked from that. There were some other shots done of Pukey that diddnt make the Final Cut
Thank you for the fast reply, Doug.
I'm so happy with the use of practical effects and Pukey was definitely one of my favorite ghosts from F.E.
LOL, ecto-puke!
PukieDoug wrote: March 26th, 2024, 12:14 pm
No that is Bonesy, they released a toy of him early on , wasn’t in the script we had. Phosphor was VERY different and had his own scene later on . So am hoping he may be in the deleted scenes. I made the on set puppet which was filmed on and he was scanned by Vis FX but maybe they did not rendor him . Who knows. There were some changes after and during the script writer and SAG strikes . So very hard to know . I finished on Firehouse at the end of June last year
Fascinating stuff, thanks man!
PukieDoug liked this
gamera1968 wrote: March 26th, 2024, 12:48 pm
PukieDoug wrote: March 26th, 2024, 9:00 am

Thank you for the fast reply, Doug.
I'm so happy with the use of practical effects and Pukey was definitely one of my favorite ghosts from F.E.
LOL, ecto-puke!
I named it that 😁
Last edited by PukieDoug on March 26th, 2024, 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gamera1968 liked this
Ernie Hudson was on Virgin Radio in the UK for a nice 25 long minute interview:

I wasn't aware any of the cast would be coming to the UK to promote it. Does anyone know if any other members of the cast are over here right now and what shows they're appearing on?

Edit - Seems Paul Rudd is here too, he was on Radio X the same morning:
Last edited by Wafflerobot on March 26th, 2024, 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mrmichaelt liked this
@PukieDoug - Well, now the name makes sense, LOL.
PukieDoug liked this
PukieDoug wrote: March 26th, 2024, 12:09 pm There was a making of team working a lot who were doing a great job. Some
I am under an NDA so if Erich reich and my Boss John are ok with me sharing how I did my rigs and gags then maybe I can do a live podcast or something down the line . Thanks for your interest
Hi Doug, hope you're continuing to feel better.

I really hope we get a ton of BTS material, and a making-of book. I have a lot of family in the industry, so I know how hard you all worked on Frozen Empire (my wife's cousin painted Slimer for FE!) - it would be amazing to get a good book capturing all of the little details that went into making FE so stunning to behold.
gamera1968, PukieDoug liked this
Ectopher wrote: March 27th, 2024, 1:17 am
PukieDoug wrote: March 26th, 2024, 12:09 pm There was a making of team working a lot who were doing a great job. Some
Hi Doug, hope you're continuing to feel better.

I really hope we get a ton of BTS material, and a making-of book. I have a lot of family in the industry, so I know how hard you all worked on Frozen Empire (my wife's cousin painted Slimer for FE!) - it would be amazing to get a good book capturing all of the little details that went into making FE so stunning to behold.
That’s cool, we had Slimer on set the first day of filming . Was so cool to see, I was under the nest operating the breathing and shaking .
I bought the Afterlife book for reference and was led to believe there would be one for Frozen Empire . I do hope so . The on set Photographer I knew from working on the last 3 Harry Potter films. Thanks , yes am making improvements today
Ectopher liked this
PukieDoug wrote: March 27th, 2024, 7:56 am I was under the nest operating the breathing and shaking .
I bought the Afterlife book for reference and was led to believe there would be one for Frozen Empire . I do hope so . The on set Photographer I knew from working on the last 3 Harry Potter films. Thanks , yes am making improvements today
Awesome work! It's so great to see practical effects and puppetry make a come-back - I just love how it "feels" on-screen so much. One of the things that's so wonderful to me about FE is how lived-in and real everything feels - it's been ages since I had that feeling watching a movie, seeing all the little gags, the perfect costuming, the mind-blowing set design, the "invisible" CG for set backings, etc was a HUGE treat. I'm seeing it again tomorrow, and then Saturday to pour over it all some more - but a book would be ideal! Fingers crossed!

Get well soon, thanks again - FE has absolutely made my year. :)
PukieDoug liked this
deadderek wrote: March 26th, 2024, 7:50 am If they haven't seen Afterlife by now they shouldn't be here.
mrmichaelt wrote: March 14th, 2024, 5:03 pm Ok, got the talkback thread started for people who attended the screening and the ones to come but also if anyone stumbles on bigger spoilers/descriptions and want to talk about them can do so in the talkback thread. Spoiler tags are optional in the talkback thread. Any unnecessary posting will get deleted.
viewtopic.php?t=51601
mrmichaelt wrote: March 14th, 2024, 10:03 pmReviews, spoiler descriptions, big spoilers etc. get talked about over at the talkback thread. People who want that can go there, just don't repost those types of spoilers in this thread.
If podcasts are are indication, the tide here in the states may be turning on how the film is perceived by the broader public.

• The Big Thing may be indicative of a backlash against the attention-economy-driven negative reviews some sites assailed the film with.
I am anecdotally seeing and speaking with a lot of people that saw the film and seem baffled by the reception it got on Rotten Tomatoes. None of this is to say that genuine criticism doesn't have its place—it just feels a bit like some sites downvoted the film... so they could report on the film getting downvotes... and then report on the surprise success of the film. All of which makes some of the surprisingly negative reviews seem like a means of garnering clicks rather than assessing the film on its faults or merits.

And it's nice to see people saying this is the second best Ghostbusters film ever. It's just so damn obvious how much blood, sweat, tears, joy, and affection went into making this. It's so beautifully done and well-paced!
gbraider82, PukieDoug, Wafflerobot and 1 others liked this
groschopf wrote: March 27th, 2024, 9:00 am If podcasts are are indication, the tide here in the states may be turning on how the film is perceived by the broader public.

• The Big Thing may be indicative of a backlash against the attention-economy-driven negative reviews some sites assailed the film with.
I am anecdotally seeing and speaking with a lot of people that saw the film and seem baffled by the reception it got on Rotten Tomatoes. None of this is to say that genuine criticism doesn't have its place—it just feels a bit like some sites downvoted the film... so they could report on the film getting downvotes... and then report on the surprise success of the film. All of which makes some of the surprisingly negative reviews seem like a means of garnering clicks rather than assessing the film on its faults or merits.

And it's nice to see people saying this is the second best Ghostbusters film ever. It's just so damn obvious how much blood, sweat, tears, joy, and affection went into making this. It's so beautifully done and well-paced!
I am glad people and non GB fans are loving it. You are right...there are some damn great things about this movie.

It's not perfect in how the story is constructed and the fact that Garraka was on for so little time, IMO, but I applaud Gil and Jason for swinging for the fences and broadening the landscape so to speak. I expect them to pass the torch on to someone else for the next film and stay on as executive producers.
Last edited by gbraider82 on March 27th, 2024, 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

A new update has gone through. Some bug fixes but […]

From what I can tell, the variations are for dista[…]

End papers printed for the prototype: https://i[…]

Cool, should work fine for you. Let me know how it[…]