Please post up details about your transactions. Please put the name of the seller or buyer in the topic title! Only CIVIL feedback and discussions will be allowed.
Forum rules: Please provide clear and accurate feedback for a seller. Search for forum to make sure there isn't already a topic about a seller, if there is post in that thread. When posting please be careful as you will not be able to edit your post later.
By CaptainAssholay
No, I email him about once a month through his website asking for a rough eta or status update of where I am in the line for the DIY kit and I hear nothing. I don't say anything mean or whiny, just a simple one sentence question.
kestrel452 liked this
By Ackbar
Same here. No response yet. It's so frustrating because my pack is ready and is just waiting for shipment.
By shoesdontmatch
I was trying to send a message a month but after 2yrs 4 months mostly spent in silence You really have to assume the worst and hope for the best because with no updates or information of any kind there isn't much more you can do :eyeroll:

:sigh: (except look at his vacation photos on insta gram because at least we paid for something) :sigh:
kestrel452 liked this
By Bobdor
I really appreciate the updates from everyone in this thread, and I am glad that we are able to have this dialog together. I am very patient and have dealt with long lead time stuff like this before in the Bladerunner prop community. I also understand that a fully finished prop like this can and will take a long time. I am curious about people like myself who have only ordered a parts kit. There is much less finishing work with something like that. How long should I expect to wait for a kit only? It has only been a few months, which by comparison is short. However, so far I have had a very similar experience to everyone else in this thread, multiple unanswered emails.

Look forward to any replies or information.
Ackbar liked this
By MassiveDMG
MassiveDMG wrote: September 12th, 2023, 9:25 am I recently initiated a PayPal dispute with Proton Props UK because of a lack of communication on their part regarding my purchase.
I got my money back due to the PayPal dispute timing out on his end.
The only redeeming factor is the apparent quality the man delivers in his product, which I will never receive at this rate.
He should really stop taking money and orders and focus on his backlog, but I have the feeling he is using the sporadic injections as a way to stay afloat financially, possibly covering for a budget overrun in one of his previous projects. That debt is going to build up though, either monetarily or mentally, so unironically for his sake I hope he gets his act together.
Ackbar, Venkman1984 liked this
By Humff11990
Hi folks,

I’ve only recently discovered this thread and was wondering if anyone has heard from Dave recently?

I ordered in November 2021 and haven’t really bothered much apart from a few emails here and there which haven’t had replies.

After taking some advice I’m probably going down the small claims court route as this no contact thing is mind boggling.

I really don’t want to harass the guy and bombard him with a load of messages across his socials but a little reassurance goes a long way in my book.

Thoughts?
By GaudinosWheels
Sorry to say but I think you probably have answered your own question.

I was one of the lucky ones, received my pack after about two years I’d say. But the number of people left dissatisfied with his business practice and lack of communication is unbelievable.

Personally? Get your money back. Not because of the quality of product but the mental stress just ain’t worth it.
By Khronos
GaudinosWheels wrote: October 13th, 2023, 2:04 pm Sorry to say but I think you probably have answered your own question.

I was one of the lucky ones, received my pack after about two years I’d say. But the number of people left dissatisfied with his business practice and lack of communication is unbelievable.

Personally? Get your money back. Not because of the quality of product but the mental stress just ain’t worth it.
What would be the best way to go about getting my money back? I have never done something like that before but going on 2 years now is completely ridiculous, and I don't think I'm ever getting anything out of it. I haven't heard from Dave in a while and I would like to put this behind me
ccv66 liked this
By ccv66
If it’s two years out , they shouldn’t be taken peoples money. Maybes $20 deposit to hold your place in line.

I wonder how people are in line, how much money he took upfront? $10,20,30 - 40,000?
By Astomp82
shoesdontmatch wrote:still waiting for my pack from Dave (2yrs +)but I'm not getting screwed out of another Halloween, got this beauty from another seller just wanted to show it off :cool:
Any pics of your costume with the pack?
By Astomp82
shoesdontmatch wrote:I didn't take any of myself I'll have to have someone send me some that were taken this year
but how about this
I love that trap and PKE. I think I’ve seen those on Etsy.
Ackbar liked this
By Astomp82
CaptainAssholay wrote: November 3rd, 2023, 8:06 am Anyone heard from David recently? I'm now at a year for the diy kit with no response.
Nothing lately but I’ve seen him post a few times on instagram from his workshop so I know he’s been working on stuff.
By frankov
I know my situation isn't nearly as bad as others here, but I'm curious to see if anyone preordered Ecto-Goggles earlier this year? It was supposed to be a quick run, expected to ship a few months afterwards, but haven't had any updates (and the order still shows up as 'Unfulfilled' on his site).

Haven't contacted him, since I know a lot of people are trying to reach him, but the post he originally made on FB showed a few pairs of assembled Ecto-Goggles, so I'm wondering if anyone received theirs.
By GaudinosWheels
I got my pack from David last October, late but it did arrive.

Things seem to have got so much worse since then and I am astounded at the patience many of you are showing. A year without any response in any other field would be so ridiculous it wouldn’t even be written in the realms of fantasy.

How is he thinking this is ok?? And a sensitive question I know but - haven’t you considered the possibility that you will never get your packs?? How so many of you are keeping calm is a mystery to me.

Really hope this works out but I know if it was me if couldn’t remain so sanguine about it all.
Venkman1984 liked this
By shoesdontmatch
Astomp82 wrote: November 3rd, 2023, 6:20 am
shoesdontmatch wrote:I didn't take any of myself I'll have to have someone send me some that were taken this year
but how about this
I love that trap and PKE. I think I’ve seen those on Etsy.
Trap, Pack, PKE, Gizmo, Goggles all came from Ectoprops on Etsy
By tobycj
frankov wrote: November 3rd, 2023, 11:20 am I know my situation isn't nearly as bad as others here, but I'm curious to see if anyone preordered Ecto-Goggles earlier this year? It was supposed to be a quick run, expected to ship a few months afterwards, but haven't had any updates (and the order still shows up as 'Unfulfilled' on his site).

Haven't contacted him, since I know a lot of people are trying to reach him, but the post he originally made on FB showed a few pairs of assembled Ecto-Goggles, so I'm wondering if anyone received theirs.
Hi supplier on the kits has only just made them in the last week or so, so he didn't have the physical product himself even.
frankov liked this
By shoesdontmatch
tobycj wrote: November 6th, 2023, 2:39 am
frankov wrote: November 3rd, 2023, 11:20 am I know my situation isn't nearly as bad as others here, but I'm curious to see if anyone preordered Ecto-Goggles earlier this year? It was supposed to be a quick run, expected to ship a few months afterwards, but haven't had any updates (and the order still shows up as 'Unfulfilled' on his site).

Hi supplier on the kits has only just made them in the last week or so, so he didn't have the physical product himself even.

Then He should be on here telling everyone that not you Why is it that he cant seem to be bothered to give us any information himself
By tobycj
shoesdontmatch wrote: November 6th, 2023, 12:20 pm Then He should be on here telling everyone that not you Why is it that he cant seem to be bothered to give us any information himself
It's not that he can't be bothered at all. He's working a hell of a lot of hours, and gets a hell of a lot of messages from folk, all day every day. One guy was messaging him on Christmas day last year, he frequently gets messages at the weekend, and duringthe middle of the night. Time responding to all of those is time he's not building your packs. He should definitely be better at comms, I'm not disputing that, but he's working as hard as he can to fulfil orders.
By shoesdontmatch
I hate to sound like an ass but 2plus years of waiting for my pack has used up any sympathy I had , He dug this hole and now he has to climb out himself. I'm not saying he has to send individual messages to all of us that have been waiting but some kind of blanket update with an estimated timetable doesn't seem like to much to ask I've said it before just give us an idea of where we sit in the queue , I've been waiting since June 2021 and I'm sure there are others who have waited just as long or longer
By kestrel452
tobycj wrote: November 6th, 2023, 2:49 pm
It's not that he can't be bothered at all. He's working a hell of a lot of hours, and gets a hell of a lot of messages from folk, all day every day. One guy was messaging him on Christmas day last year, he frequently gets messages at the weekend, and duringthe middle of the night. Time responding to all of those is time he's not building your packs. ...
To be frank, welcome to owning and running your own business. That's par for the course, and just because a message was received on Saturday isn't an excuse for not responding within a few business days.

I don't want to denigrate the guy personally, because he doesn't seem like a bad person. Actually quite likable and down to Earth when you manage to get him on the phone. He just seems to be not carving enough time out for managing the administrative side of the business. I have zero doubt he is working super hard trying to crank orders out, but I think it is fair to say that it's equally important to keep good enough contact such that people don't start losing their minds. It's not just bad for the customer when the latter doesn't happen, but also bad for the business owner (on multiple levels as seen here with public complaints, cancelled orders, and even chargebacks being initiated).

What I am trying to get across here, is that I don't like seeing forum members jump in with comments that seem aimed at making those frustrated parties feel bad for expressing (perfectly rightful) frustration. I don't think it's reasonable to assume that the most likely explanation, for the rather sizable number of people complaining about getting near-zero communication, found themselves in that position because they're just that insufferable to deal with.

At the same time, I think it's equally unfair on the part of the complaining parties to go so far in their language that it either explicitly (or tacitly) insinuates malicious or deceptive intent on Dave's part.
Last edited by kestrel452 on November 8th, 2023, 1:17 pm, edited 4 times in total.
By CaptainAssholay
I agree with Kestrel above, when you actually get in touch with Dave, he's very friendly, but that does not excuse poor management of business, unfortunate life issues he's dealt with previously notwithstanding.

I did manage to catch him on Facebook about my DIY kit. He apologized for lack of communication and said that he ran into resin and material issues for the kits but has it "just about sorted out" at this point. He gave me an estimate of the early part of next year and offered to help me with building tips once I receive the pack. While I'm not overjoyed with a lack of specific date for my kit, I will give him the benefit of the doubt to see this kit delivered early next year.

I want him to succeed in his business, he's one of the very few people out there making a quality product, and I very much want to be a part of that group that is sporting one of his shells which is why I've been patient with this process, despite the lack of communication. Ultimately though, he is in dire need of overhauling the customer facing and workflow side of his business or he's going to start getting panned like Ben of Kent.
StarkMarkV liked this
By Venkman1984
I have not ordered anything from Dave nor would I ever but I have multiple friends who have and only 1 received what they ordered that was September of 2022 only after Dave was told legal action was going to be taken. I will say this I've received information from multiple prop builders that Dave is selling off the rare parts he has, his supplier has cut him off and that hes in big trouble. I think TobyCJ is one of the most loyal friends you can ask for I think him sticking up for his friend is very admirable. I even like the guy I chat with him occasionally on Instagram. But the fact Dave hasn't come out to do some serious damage control is utterly insane.

If i could leave anyone with anything its this. You are 100% not getting your packs. Do whatever it is you have to to get your money back. I guarantee you will never see the prop you ordered.
By kestrel452
Venkman1984 wrote: November 8th, 2023, 8:39 am I have not ordered anything from Dave nor would I ever but I have multiple friends who have and only 1 received what they ordered that was September of 2022 only after Dave was told legal action was going to be taken. I will say this I've received information from multiple prop builders that Dave is selling off the rare parts he has, his supplier has cut him off and that hes in big trouble. I think TobyCJ is one of the most loyal friends you can ask for I think him sticking up for his friend is very admirable. I even like the guy I chat with him occasionally on Instagram. But the fact Dave hasn't come out to do some serious damage control is utterly insane.

If i could leave anyone with anything its this. You are 100% not getting your packs. Do whatever it is you have to to get your money back. I guarantee you will never see the prop you ordered.
Your post is pretty alarmist and alleges some serious claims about Proton Props. Some of which could be considered slanderous. Would you mind corroborating all that, or at least explain in detail how you and your sources came to know that Dave is essentially in shutdown mode? Not trying to be rude, but telling everyone that a business is failing rapidly and no one is going to get what they paid for based on "information" you have "received from prop builders" doesn't really help with the chaos. Not that I personally don't appreciate what other prop builders and insiders that do business-to-business dealings with Dave have to say, but if we're going to tell everyone that they're not going to get their $3,500 movie props and never to do business with Proton Props again....I think a lot more explanation is in order. Simply trying to remain unbiased and level-headed, here.
Last edited by kestrel452 on November 8th, 2023, 12:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By StarkMarkV
So after reading these last few posts, I can honestly say this is the first time I am truly feeling worried. I hope I'm wrong in feeling this way.

Edit: No longer worried. Still have faith in Dave. :cool:
By Astomp82
StarkMarkV wrote: November 8th, 2023, 9:22 am So after reading these last few posts, I can honestly say this is the first time I am truly feeling worried. I hope I'm wrong in feeling this way.

I am keeping the faith as well. May I ask what changed your mind so quickly?
By StarkMarkV
Astomp82 wrote:
StarkMarkV wrote: November 8th, 2023, 9:22 am So after reading these last few posts, I can honestly say this is the first time I am truly feeling worried. I hope I'm wrong in feeling this way.

I messaged him over on Instagram letting him know what was being said (about him possibly closing up shop and so on) and just have him be blunt with me about my pack.

He stated that he is not closing up shop at all. He's been hard at work on my pack and a few others. He did mention his lack of communication, not really asking for pity or forgiveness but just mentioning that he knows they suck. He's just focused on our packs and can't keep answering every single message, email, etc that comes in.

That last one I do get honestly and took no offense to it. Others on here have stated the very same thing on his behalf.

Overall, he's still working hard and diligently on our packs.
kestrel452 liked this
By Astomp82
StarkMarkV wrote: November 8th, 2023, 10:33 am
Astomp82 wrote:
I messaged him over on Instagram letting him know what was being said (about him possibly closing up shop and so on) and just have him be blunt with me about my pack.

He stated that he is not closing up shop at all. He's been hard at work on my pack and a few others. He did mention his lack of communication, not really asking for pity or forgiveness but just mentioning that he knows they suck. He's just focused on our packs and can't keep answering every single message, email, etc that comes in.

That last one I do get honestly and took no offense to it. Others on here have stated the very same thing on his behalf.

Overall, he's still working hard and diligently on our packs.
Nice, appreciate you reaching out to him and him responding quickly for sure. Like I said, I had faith that what he told you was true (and it sounds like you did too) but it’s nice to hear it from him personally!
StarkMarkV liked this

A new update has gone through. Some bug fixes but […]

From what I can tell, the variations are for dista[…]

End papers printed for the prototype: https://i[…]

Cool, should work fine for you. Let me know how it[…]