This is for other Ghostbusters Props that don't fit into the categories above.
By Dr. Stantz
Does anyone have a clue what Janines alarm button is? I've searched for vintage alarm switch buttons and cannot find anything close to this. Maybe it was custom made? An odd emergency stop button connected to a half chromed dome?

:eyeroll: Janine sez: Find my switch.
By Gareee
We had switched like that on the huge harris-cottrell web printers I used to work on years ago. It looks like its mounted on a hotel desk bell, or something similiar in shape.
By AJ Quick
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

Coover5 wrote:For the base if you want to spend the money buy this http://cgi.ebay.com/HALLMARK-2008-I-WAN ... 563e795c3f or see if you can buy just the button I have one myself and it's a great size if you want to make the alarm button
WTF.
By Coover5
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

AJ Quick wrote:
Coover5 wrote:For the base if you want to spend the money buy this http://cgi.ebay.com/HALLMARK-2008-I-WAN ... 563e795c3f or see if you can buy just the button I have one myself and it's a great size if you want to make the alarm button
WTF.
please continue
By jackdoud
Guys, I found the switch:

It's a 9001-TR14 Heavy-Duty oil-tight control unit from a company called Square D which is no longer in business. They were bought out by Schneider Electric at some point and the current line has nothing comparable unfortunately. I just happened across mine on ebay, the seller had a bunch though so jump on it while you can.

There are a number of other TR models but most have either a partial or full safety flange around the button that would prevent you from slamming down on it:

ImageImage

As you can see they have removeable colored lenses. There's no electrical connection at all, it's just a spring loaded pushbutton. Now to find a suitable base...
By Krenzy
The base closely resembles a part of a urinal. The portion where the pipe goes from the top of the urinal into the wall...usually there's a metal "dome" covering the connection area.
By jros3484
I got one!!... now we have to find that base.... hmmm

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk
By AJ Quick
Krenzy wrote:The base closely resembles a part of a urinal. The portion where the pipe goes from the top of the urinal into the wall...usually there's a metal "dome" covering the connection area.
Wow. I was just going to suggest that!
By Kingpin
Alternately a bell, or a plastic bowl could also serve as the base portion.

jros, did you get yours from eBay? So far the only listings there are without photographs, and are charging an extortionate $160+ for shipping abroad.
By jros3484

Yup... got it off ebay... Heres the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... OC:US:1123

MOD EDIT: Technically you're not allowed to post live auctions as they typically sell out immediately but seeing as that auction is now sold out I'll leave it up as reference for other people. It's where I got mine from.
By Meph
Sloan seems to make one of those urinal flushers with that dome you're talking about that looks pretty damn close.
http://www.sloanvalve.com/Our_Products/ ... loset.aspx

Trying to find if there's any way to buy just that part individually.

*edit*
Hmmm... depends. The zoomed in view on their website makes it look like that upper dome is part of the valve like it's 1 piece. But other google image searches show some urinal valves to have the dome being a separate piece.
By Meph
Doing some Google searches for "Sloan Outside Cover" and turning up some promising results. Trying to find the Sloan Flushometer one, so far mostly finding the "Royal" model, and it's not quite the same too steep an angle on the sides not enough curve.

Hmmm damn. Keep turning up both Royal and Regal models. There's one that's just "Sloan" which sucks because the company named the line the same as the damn company name. That looks to be spot on accurate, the other two look are just a bit off.
By jros3484
I wonder if the id of the trim ring is just right to fit the switch??? I'm on the lookout too. Keep up the good work!

By Meph
I think just the angle of that one made it look different, but seems that the Regal one is the same as the one I've been trying to spot on Sloan's website and other various places. So guess it's the Regal Cover after all. Closest so far, will keep looking to find other companies and what they offer. Trying to see if there's one with just a slight bit more curve before it goes flat.

The Regal Cover part link: http://www.sloanplumbingparts.com/sloan ... r-10-cover

By stephens540
are there any buttons out there courrently in production that resemble the original Square D comp. switch?
By jros3484
I was just going to order one too... damn. Does the hole size look right? I always thought that the bottom base was a trim piece of sorts.

By stephens540
so the all knowing jack is there any otehr switches out there resembling the original?
By AJ Quick
Kingpin wrote:Stephen, the switch looks fine, it's the "base" that isn't right.
I think he was just looking for alternatives.

I think there are a few at McMaster-Carr that could be similar.. like part 9209K123 or 7403K29. Just search for "switch".

A new update has gone through. Some bug fixes but […]

From what I can tell, the variations are for dista[…]

End papers printed for the prototype: https://i[…]

Cool, should work fine for you. Let me know how it[…]