For news, reviews, videos and general topics about Ghostbusters: The Video Game, and the newer apps on Android and iOS.
I think Illfonic already had likeness rights. They did tease an appereance in the ending (suiting up video) that the Spenglers are coming, and Ray having an intern coming to visit. (Podcast?) So having them appear was kind of foretold.

I'm a little dissapointed we didn't get the Spenglers showing up so maybe that's planned for Paid DLC #1. (If that's a thing)An extra floor, the research center, and Spenglers being added could have been a planned feature. Another thing I noticed was the Ecto remained the same. Adding the drone trap on a work bench, or throwing the Ect0 C in the alley way would have been nice nods.

I'm wondering if they have more Frozen Empire content planned but can't release it until the movies out of theatres?

Also if anyones noticed, if you view the cutscenes on the TV the firehouse still has the ice attack showing up in the cut scenes.
mrmichaelt wrote: April 6th, 2024, 7:40 pm Ray's Occult does have a couple Frozen Empire items/easter eggs added in.
There's quite a few assets they appear to have gotten straight from Sony/Ghost Corps. The new cosmetics appear to be using a lot of the same graphics as the new official merch, for one. And the new schematics upstairs appear to be the same as those used on set in Phoebe's bedroom. (https://www.theghostbustersreferencelib ... 3w7y4p272v)
mrmichaelt liked this
Christof wrote: April 6th, 2024, 9:29 pm There's quite a few assets they appear to have gotten straight from Sony/Ghost Corps. The new cosmetics appear to be using a lot of the same graphics as the new official merch, for one. And the new schematics upstairs appear to be the same as those used on set in Phoebe's bedroom. (https://www.theghostbustersreferencelib ... 3w7y4p272v)
Didn't realize that until I saw the latest Tested video.

I didn't see anything in Eddy's lab or the basement yet. You?
Christof wrote:Well, Eddie's Lab has those schematics I mentioned on the walls, but otherwise I haven't spotted any new decoration outside of Ray's Occult.
Dah, meant the outside area where the manual is. Never type in a rush lol. Ok, yeah so Eddy's lab has the schematic, Ray's Occult has the stuff, the alley and garage bay have the Death Chill freeze look but the office area and basement have nada so far?
Christof liked this
So, the list of Easter eggs so far:
This Post Contains Spoilers
Any more to add?

I'm wondering if we'll get some RGB things popping up in future, not sure what is iconic enough though. We've already had Samhain and are getting RGB Slimer so fingers crossed for more references. Was also thinking we might get some more GBII things when the double trouble update goes live but then remembered we already have all the cool shizz now. Maybe a slime scooper?
ShandorMiningCo wrote: April 8th, 2024, 12:46 pm Any more to add?
Yes, there are several new books on the shelf around Garaka's Orb that use some of the new art assets I mentioned previously, as well.
This Post Contains Spoilers
ShandorMiningCo wrote: April 8th, 2024, 12:46 pm - Mounted neutrona wand (also not sure if this is new or always been there?)
Above the Ray's doorway to the alley? If so, yes, that's been there since launch.
Last edited by Kingpin on April 10th, 2024, 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Fixed quote code
Christof liked this
mrmichaelt wrote: April 14th, 2024, 12:21 am ^That would be cool!

I figured the brass dipped pack and Spengler Afterlife throwers w/wood grip would be coming up.
I'm honestly shocked we haven't gotten the Spengler Special already... granted it's very similar to the classic pack at a quick glance, but still.

I remember in the early days of the game, we had LOOOOOONG discussions on how alternate gear would work. Slime blowers and proton pistols were the main focus. I think we got it down to the pistols being based off of Kylie's, would slow the rate stamina is drained, rapid slime recovery and sabotage repair and increase the speed of sprinting. The downsides were knockbacks were greater, weaker tether strength, and shorter range.
mrmichaelt liked this
Bison256 wrote: April 13th, 2024, 7:17 pm I wonder if the any of the upcoming new gear shells could be the extreme and 2016 proton pistols?
Doubtful, as that would require a whole new character animation to implement (either single-handed for Kylie, or two-handed for Holtzmann), and we've seen that while Illfonic is happy to go to the effort to make new models for the Pack, Thrower, Trap and P.K.E. shells, they haven't gone to the effort to program new animations for them (the XGB Trap is a prime example of this, as evidenced by the non-standard handle that was added to it).
timeware wrote: April 14th, 2024, 10:52 am The Extreme does for sure. My issue with the extreme pack is while it's awesome as hell there's a cable that doesn't connect during the cut scenes and they have still to fix that.
Here is an example of what I mean, look at the extreme and real throwers in this screenshot. The 2016 pke is also clipping through her hand.
I think until enough players bring up the issue it may or may not get addressed. While I love the WWE2k series theyv'e had the same graphic clipping with their hair and clothes since 2k20. You can't play as an overweight wrestler without your hands and arms going through jackets and vests etc... Illfonic seems to be more concerned with gitches and gameplay issues then the animation issues.

(I'm glad they're attenitive to the game though.)
timeware wrote: April 14th, 2024, 2:06 pm I think until enough players bring up the issue it may or may not get addressed. While I love the WWE2k series theyv'e had the same graphic clipping with their hair and clothes since 2k20. You can't play as an overweight wrestler without your hands and arms going through jackets and vests etc... Illfonic seems to be more concerned with gitches and gameplay issues then the animation issues.

(I'm glad they're attenitive to the game though.)
They're well aware of the issue with the visuals on the hoses, but yeah, like you said, that keeps getting back burnered for other, more pressing issues it seems.
timeware, Christof liked this
timeware wrote: April 15th, 2024, 6:22 pm The amount of people participating in the milestones surprises me. Should prove the longevity of the game should earn another DLC pack fairly soon.
Already confirmed. 4 updates, basically each season. So next update is summer which is inspired by the 40th anniversary.
viewtopic.php?p=4995359#p4995359
Christof liked this
Welp! Looks like the latest Milestone, unlocking the Ray's Occult Shirt logo has finished, and a new one has begun to unlock a Pink Camo suit tint.

mrmichaelt, zeta otaku liked this
mrmichaelt wrote: April 22nd, 2024, 11:34 pm GB News is calling the Pink Camo Tint the last milestone challenge...
https://ghostbustersnews.com/2024/04/22 ... -unveiled/
I'm hoping we'll see another set when the next FreeLC drops in a few months.
mrmichaelt liked this

A lot of sellers on eBay will cut to size fo[…]

So funny. Had a long chat with one of my best frie[…]

Sorry I wasn't around to help this weekend. Things[…]

We're working to replicate this shirt and have f[…]