By Rowan J. Zweig
Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal electronics to a new pedal?

A couple people in our group is starting to have failures for their gear. Meaning that the plastic is breaking and stuff like that. I had started on the idea of building a proper pedal and transferring those electronics over, but, wanted to see if anyone has done it without trying to reinvent the wheel completely. Definitely trying to find a sturdier switch for the foot pedal mechanism. Would love some input.
Last edited by Rowan J. Zweig on March 29th, 2024, 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
By One time
Rowan J. Zweig wrote: March 28th, 2024, 5:32 pm Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal electronics to a new pedal?

A couple people in our group is starting to have failures for their petals, meaning that the plastic is breaking and stuff like that. I had started on the idea of building a proper pedal and transferring those electronics over, but, want to see if anyone has done it without trying to reinvent the wheel completely. Definitely trying to find a sturdier switch for the foot pedal mechanism. Would love some input.
I don’t know about transferring the electronics. What I do know is that the Matty trap cable is a simple audio cable. You can use any female to female headphone cable to connect the trap and the pedal. There is probably a simple switch on the pedal end to close the circuit, but I’ve never taken it apart. Though someone surely must have.
Rowan J. Zweig liked this
By Rowan J. Zweig
Appreciate the input. Yeah I'm sure someone has. I know there were a few folks connecting a wireless remote to it, so I figure there's gotta be a way to do something with the pedal.

https://www.gbfans.com/images/news/mondo-real-gho[…]

Hey guys, its been over a month without updates an[…]

Nice work! I have considered trying a 3D print pac[…]

Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Appreciate the input. Yeah I'm sure someone has. I[…]