Hey guys it's been a long time coming but this is a passion project I've been working on for quite awhile and have already gone through several revisions trying to get certain areas right on the shell. Building a shell by hand and than in 3D modeling software are two completely different things but I think I'm learning the ropes pretty good.

I've been working on my very own GB1 Hero Shell replica for 3D printing and used the legacy shell for reference and tried to translate what we see in the real world and bring into the digital space. A lot of work has been done to recreate much of the wonk and imperfections seen on the original shell but still giving it an idealized touch and cleaner look. The shell is kind of a hybrid of the Venkman and Super Hero along with my own idealization. After many reworkings here are some pics of the finished shell model,

Thanks for looking guys and all comments are welcome!
Last edited by pchrisbosh1 on April 24th, 2024, 11:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
ccv66, prodestrian, tobycj and 5 others liked this
I don't have a 3D printer, but that's awesome. The amount of work you do for this community is amazing.

Any chance of getting a 3D file for a suitable bumper sized to fit your pack? I'm having a hell of a time finding anyone still making quality resin bumpers, so if I have to I'll send a file to Treatstock and have someone print one for me.
I love this. This is what I've been waiting for in a 3D pack, the wonkiness of a hero shell, not an idealised version.

I've bought the file but will wait to see your prints and any recommendations on infill and supports etc before I give it a go.
sremick wrote: March 10th, 2024, 12:24 pm I don't have a 3D printer, but that's awesome. The amount of work you do for this community is amazing.

Any chance of getting a 3D file for a suitable bumper sized to fit your pack? I'm having a hell of a time finding anyone still making quality resin bumpers, so if I have to I'll send a file to Treatstock and have someone print one for me.
Thanks sir! I actually have a bumper model in the works but it still needs quite a bit of fine tuning before I release it and I'm really not sure when I'll get back to it. But a Macksfactory bumper or heavy props bumper would fit just fine. Also the MK4 Tacoshell bumper that is available for free would be a great bumper as well and is pretty close to the screen used bumper. Hope that helps!
Last edited by pchrisbosh1 on March 11th, 2024, 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
alphabeta001 wrote: March 11th, 2024, 6:37 am I love this. This is what I've been waiting for in a 3D pack, the wonkiness of a hero shell, not an idealised version.

I've bought the file but will wait to see your prints and any recommendations on infill and supports etc before I give it a go.
Thanks sir! I just printed my shell full scale shell in 2 parts but unfortunately I had a power outage and wasn't able to resume on one part where it left off. I've since done a couple revisions and will be sending you another file for my finished version atleast for now. I'll upload a pic of the near finished shell along with the slicer I used and settings. Appreciate your comment!
alphabeta001 liked this
pchrisbosh1 wrote: March 11th, 2024, 9:31 am Thanks sir! I actually have a bumper model in the works but it still needs quite a bit of fine tuning before I release it and I'm really not sure when I'll get back to it.
I might need to just wait for that.
But a Macksfactory bumper or heavy props bumper would fit just fine.
I've been having trouble getting Macksfactory to get back to me. I emailed Kris @ HeavyProps 2 weeks ago and haven't heard back either. Both show as out of stock on their respective websites.
Also the MK4 Tacoshell bumper that is available for free would be a great bumper as well and is pretty close to the screen used bumper.
I'm not familiar with this one (is it a model?) and my searching isn't being successful. Can you hook me up with a link?
Hey guys I've been doing some updating and adding some extra wonk to my new hero shell model. I've added some of the cut in lines and seam lines to the lower rib of the crankgen and the EDA box. I also added some scratches to the powercell and added in the cyclotron ring holes that were on the Venkman hero shell. I hope you guys like it!

Thanks for looking and any comments welcome!
prodestrian liked this
sremick wrote: March 11th, 2024, 11:21 am I'm not familiar with this one (is it a model?) and my searching isn't being successful. Can you hook me up with a link?
The TacoShell is the other name for the Q-Pack MK4, you can find all the bumper files/variants here:
https://github.com/mr-kiou/q-pack/tree/MK4/SHELL/BUMPER
(Filenames containing "Removable" are for an Afterlife style removable cyclotron, files containing "Elsa" are for the Frozen Empire tri-bumper, so if you're doing GB1 you either want the two-part Q-pack-TacoShell_MK4_Bumper_01_L.3mf and Q-pack-TacoShell_MK4_Bumper_02_L.3mf, or the one-piece Q-pack-TacoShell_MK4_Bumper_FULL_XL_XXL.3mf if your printer is large enough)
I just couldn't help myself and had to add texture to my 3D printable GB1 Hero Shell model. I was able to texture pretty closely to what is seen on the screen used packs. Here is a few pics for you guys,

tobycj, alphabeta001 liked this

A new update has gone through. Some bug fixes but […]

From what I can tell, the variations are for dista[…]

End papers printed for the prototype: https://i[…]

Cool, should work fine for you. Let me know how it[…]