Write a quick introduction to introduce yourself.
By RageQuitDad
Hey! Long time GB fan but only just started to get in to the cosplay/collecting side of it.
I am going to Collectormania in Birmingham this year and decided I want to be a Ghostbuster for this one.
Bought myself a full sized spirit pack (missed the haslab ones and the resale prices on them are out of my budget right now), and bought a Spengler haslab wand.

Am gonna start modding my pack and wand, but struggling to know where to start, or even where to get parts. Seems a whole lot harder to get all the cool stuff over here as a lot of it is stateside.

Long boring intro over with!

Tl;dr
Hello!
By Kingpin
Welcome aboard, RQD!

Would you be looking to keep the stock electronics in the Spirit Pack, or are you planning to replace them?
If you're keeping them, then for the most part you'd probably only need some split-loom to form the hose between the Proton Pack and the Proton Gun (and potentially a separate hose to hold the wires for the Proton Gun trigger button, so that you can keep that in proximity to the Hasbro wand, so you can activate that along with the wand's lights and sounds.
By RageQuitDad
For now I’m thinking to keep the stock electronics. Maybe just put a slightly better speaker. But I think the outside cosmetics are my priority. I have until August to get stuff done so depending on how well I do, electronics could be later this year. Probably next year.
By tobycj
Be worth getting in touch with the West Midlands Ghostbusters on Facebook, as they'll be your local franchise and can likely help you out.

If you want to upgrade/replace the Clippard elbows (the brass ones) or the Legris elbows (the grey plastic ones), or the v-hook for one that better fits the Spengler wand I sell all of those on my etsy, https://wertheimershardware.etsy.com, and I'm UK based so you won't get pillaged on postage and customs! I'm out of stock of the Clippard elbows and v-hooks but will have stock of both in the next couple of weeks.
By RageQuitDad
tobycj wrote: February 28th, 2024, 6:17 am Be worth getting in touch with the West Midlands Ghostbusters on Facebook, as they'll be your local franchise and can likely help you out.

If you want to upgrade/replace the Clippard elbows (the brass ones) or the Legris elbows (the grey plastic ones), or the v-hook for one that better fits the Spengler wand I sell all of those on my etsy, https://wertheimershardware.etsy.com, and I'm UK based so you won't get pillaged on postage and customs! I'm out of stock of the Clippard elbows and v-hooks but will have stock of both in the next couple of weeks.
That’s awesome advice, thank you!!
I have joined a Scottish group on Facebook (I’m all the way up in Orkney!) but am going to the Birmingham Collectormania as I’m meeting my daughter there so we can go together (she still lives down south!). I appreciate the advice.
And I’ve added your Etsy to my favourites so I’ll keep an eye out for bits I’ll need.
tobycj liked this
By Mercifull
You'd be surprised at what you can find in the UK. My suggestion is to just build up the addons and mods slowly over time. Toby in this thread sells things like elbows, brass fittings and v-hooks. Benofkent, EPIC Props, Protonprops UK, EctoLabs etc etc all based in the UK. Frutto Technology for electronics kits and mods and loads of people on ebay and esty selling 3d printed stuff or grab the files from Thingiverse and get a friend to print them. https://ghostbusters.supplies/search/?g ... y%5B0%5D&s
By RageQuitDad
Mercifull wrote: February 28th, 2024, 9:43 am You'd be surprised at what you can find in the UK. My suggestion is to just build up the addons and mods slowly over time. Toby in this thread sells things like elbows, brass fittings and v-hooks. Benofkent, EPIC Props, Protonprops UK, EctoLabs etc etc all based in the UK. Frutto Technology for electronics kits and mods and loads of people on ebay and esty selling 3d printed stuff or grab the files from Thingiverse and get a friend to print them. https://ghostbusters.supplies/search/?g ... y%5B0%5D&s
I do have a Ender 3 V2 and a resin printer. I’m planning to print some, and buy the rest. I figure this will be a long term project with many little tweaks here and there.

But thank you for those names, I have added those to my ever growing list. Right now I’m thinking I might do the cyclotron upgrade, sound upgrades after that and then the cool down upgrade. But for now I’m buying/printing bits and pieces to just make it a little more custom.

I’m going for unique, not screen accurate. I want the “found the plans, built my own, and started my own franchise of GB” look. Hopefully others will like it as much as I know I will!!!
    Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Appreciate the input. Yeah I'm sure someone has. I[…]

A new update has gone through. Some bug fixes but […]

From what I can tell, the variations are for dista[…]

End papers printed for the prototype: https://i[…]