By Gatchigirl
I decided to add a rechargeable battery pack and charging port to my Halloween dot com PKE Meter. This thing is a slightly more screen accurate on the case. The handle is more square than the Spirit/Rubies one but shares the electronics from it. I also changed out the LED's in the wings because they were green with the ones in the Spirit Meter. Here's a photo of the completed mod. This was just before I secured the battery and left the charger where I can access it by opening the battery door and not opening up the whole meter. It was just a simple solder the charger into the positive side of the switch and the negative off the meter for the batteries. Took about an hour with the cutting I had to do with the battery compartment to make the thing close properly.

Notice in the second image of the meter, that the handle is square and then more rounded towards the buttons. In fact it uses the same buttons as the Spirit/Rubies Meter.
ccv66, kman liked this
By ravencro
Nearly a year later and I am looking to do the same thing to my PKE Meter. This post has been super helpful and just this photo alone is really useful to me. Would love to know how it held up? Would love to know exactly the parts you got for this. I got some things already, but would like to know if I am close to what you've done here. Thanks!
By Gatchigirl
Seems to be fine and still working good. The charging module is TP4056 Charging Module with Battery Protection. And the battery I used is Lithium Polymer Battery 3.7V 820mAh 653042. Both bought from Amazon.
    Proton Props UK

Any update on your pack Ackbar?

Seems to be fine and still working good. The charg[…]

I think they just knocked this out cheap. Is the u[…]

I have almost finished all of my 3d printed parts.[…]