For news, reviews, videos and general topics about Ghostbusters: The Video Game, and the newer apps on Android and iOS.
^ the ghost can damage your trap.

Yah the tethering system and trap system need to be improved. When you are up against a player who really knows how to play ghost it’s almost impossible to capture them. Longer battery life and better tethering would be better. I had 4 busters tethering a really good ghost player and we couldn’t capture him.

Some funny bugs:
I was in a game with 7 ghostbusters and in another game with 2 ghosts lol
I just play the single player and love it. I mean matches last like 4 minutes as a Ghostbuster (10 as a ghost) and I never lose, but the immersion is what I craved and I got it, lol. I know the mechanics need some work in terms of balance, but if I could get a game that combined the 2009 game and this, I'd be in Ghostbuster heaven.
I have to say again just how much I dislike the upgrade cosmetics lol. They are so drastic that it no longer has any parts of the original pack.

I’m all for comestic upgrades but I wish it went along the subtle lines of Afterlife. The Afterlife pack had lots of added/changed components yet it still looked like the original pack.
yeah, I mean, I don't mind stuff getting bolt on, but completely REPLACING large sections just seems... off to me. Like, my pack looks like it's a brand safe knock off and I'd LOVE to be able to hide upgrades or, less likely, alternate visuals that aren't as drastic.
I don't mind them. We can always switch to the default mode, but I'm sure if someone makes the request they may consider something more simplistic. I had requested to be able to drive the Ecto as a Buster, possess the Ecto as a ghost, and possibly possess the remote control trap. I think it would add a little bit more incentive to choose the Ghost role if you could chase the Ghostbusters with the RCT.
Ectojeff88 wrote: October 20th, 2022, 4:24 pmand the traps really need to auto activate or be able to toss while firing.
I get the frustration... But I imagine Illfonic made the choices that you need to specifically activate the Trap, and not being able to throw it while firing, in order to make the circumstances seem more realistic to how they'd play out in real life... Which is probably why there's no HUD map, or ability to see where the other players are located if they're not in your field of vision.

Notable bugs so far:

•I somehow got to play as a ghost for several matches before I'd even umlocked Tobin's Spirit Guide.
•The game completely crashed on the match ending cutscene... I don't think I lost any progress though.

Critiques:
•I share the view that Rock Island Prison is probably the weakest map, a lot of dead space and not as much variety as the other maps.
•I wish it was more obvious when you're playing the ghost where the rifts are.
•I also wish the wall portals were maybe a bit more obvious, like maybe a subtle glow to the cracks before it opens up fully.
mrmichaelt wrote: October 20th, 2022, 6:58 pm From what I gather, there's 5 levels total?
-Whitestone Museum
-Hudson Canyon Lodge
-Rock Island Prison
-Clock Tower Brewery and Pub
-RMS Artemisia

Is there an end boss or is it just Nameless during the cutscenes?
- Yes 5 maps.
-No. At lvl 30 you pass Act 5 and that's the end of it + you get something as a reward.
mrmichaelt liked this
One time wrote: October 20th, 2022, 4:44 am Can someone help me out with an overall fans score for this game in comparison to GBTVG?

I know absolutely nothing of this game.

If GBTVG was a 10.0 out of 10 (fanservice, enjoyment, etc) what does GBSU get in a fans opinion?
Anyone?
One time wrote: October 21st, 2022, 11:16 am
One time wrote: October 20th, 2022, 4:44 am Can someone help me out with an overall fans score for this game in comparison to GBTVG?

I know absolutely nothing of this game.

If GBTVG was a 10.0 out of 10 (fanservice, enjoyment, etc) what does GBSU get in a fans opinion?
Anyone?
Figured someone would've jumped on this first. Bugs aside, it's a pretty solid game (also the devs are on top of the bug list and have already pushed out 2 patches). In my opinion, it's a solid 8. It doesn't have the story of GBTVG, but there's a LOT of heart in this. The narrative is there, but that's a bit lacking. The game play is MUCH more solid than the 2009 game's multiplayer. The proximity chat is great as well. Hudson and Aykroyd sound fantastic in their roles and the new comers are solid. The player VA list is filled with A list voice actors as well. The gameplay is fun from both sides of the particle thrower. I'm not sure how much fan service-y you can get than creating yourself in game and having your gametag show up on the flightsuit (wish you could change that, but for now it'll do). While the map selection is limited, they're large enough that you won't be playing it the same each time due to the ghost being controlled by a player and the type won't always be the same. Also, each map has lore to collect and discover. A couple are rather dark.
Kingpin liked this
Once you get to lv 30 that's it for story mode?

More interaction with the new characters would be nice.

Some missions at Nameless' request, finding blue prints for new equipment, maybe a tutorial mission with Catt exploring the bot mode. How about a mission with Winston or him giving advice over the radio? (As long as it doesn't get repetitive.)

It would be nice to see those expanded on. Story mode could have been more involved I thought. It was good as far as Ghostbusters goes.
It's a known issue. To resolve the Epic issue: go to your account, unlink your PSN/Xbox account from it. Start Ghostbusters. Go to link account. It'll give you a link (epicgames.com/activate) and a code. Enter the code and it'll link the game and your console to Epic.
timeware wrote: October 21st, 2022, 12:24 pm Once you get to lv 30 that's it for story mode?

More interaction with the new characters would be nice.

Some missions at Nameless' request, finding blue prints for new equipment, maybe a tutorial mission with Catt exploring the bot mode. How about a mission with Winston or him giving advice over the radio? (As long as it doesn't get repetitive.)

It would be nice to see those expanded on. Story mode could have been more involved I thought. It was good as far as Ghostbusters goes.
Sure, but you have to remember this is a "budget" game. They've already mentioned things are in the works so it's possible there IS more story to be had once they release it.
jonogunn, Kingpin liked this

A new update has gone through. Some bug fixes but […]

From what I can tell, the variations are for dista[…]

End papers printed for the prototype: https://i[…]

Cool, should work fine for you. Let me know how it[…]