Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
By deadderek
Alphagaia wrote:I don't doubt the franchise will return even if the movie was a total failure.

I do think the more money it makes, more possibilities are open and the sooner we get them. I don't mean just more exclusive GBATC stuff.
From what I can tell the movie isn't doing well at all. I hope Sony has a backup plan.
pferreira1983 liked this
By Full-Roaming-Vapor
deadderek wrote:
Alphagaia wrote:I don't doubt the franchise will return even if the movie was a total failure.

I do think the more money it makes, more possibilities are open and the sooner we get them. I don't mean just more exclusive GBATC stuff.
From what I can tell the movie isn't doing well at all. I hope Sony has a backup plan.
It is performing respectably, coming in second to 'The Secret Life of Pets'. Sony's plan all along has been to manage and release a variety of media which, for now, includes an animated series, an animated movie, and going forward with sequels to the reboot.

http://screenrant.com/ghostbusters-2016 ... -no-doubt/
By Scum
I love how people think the movie is a total failure if it doesn't do Star Wars TFA numbers in it's first weekend. Just an unrealistic expectation imo.

Is it doing insanely well? Not exactly? Is it a total bomb? Not even close.

I really think once people start to realize it's a really kid friendly adventure (quite possibly more kid friendly than the original) we'll see a bit more.

Pretty sure we're going to get at least a few more thing out of this, as the new animated series and animated film are already in the works.

The mixed team thing has been rumbling around for quite some time now as well, also pretty sure I read something about a sequel already being green lit.
Last edited by Scum on July 18th, 2016, 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
By pyhasanon
Scum wrote:I love how people think the movie is a total failure if it doesn't do Star Wars TFA numbers in it's first weekend. Just an unrealistic expectation imo.

I know, right? But, apparently, we're being "blinded by our fandom", so whatevs... *shrugs shoulders*
Scum, JurorNo.2 liked this
By Travis Burrell
A few things.

1 I loved this article. Probably one of the greater ones I have read in a while

2 The reboot is not going to fail. It wasn't bad. It wasn't as great as the original of course as far as graphics but it wasn't bad. It was funny. Some dumb stuff, but some very clever stuff also.

3 Cant wait to see more Ghostbusters stuff in the future!!!
Sav C liked this
By SpaceBallz
I don't think asking for a mixed-gender team and continuation from the original films was too much to ask for, hopefully they learned some lessons from this production.
By JurorNo.2
I've learned exactly where my geek card belongs. ::Shreds:: :)
deadderek liked this
By The JAM Man
You know,
This Post Contains Spoilers
I hope they can make more movies and TV shows from Ghost Corps in the future.
By Jangonate
Scum wrote:I love how people think the movie is a total failure if it doesn't do Star Wars TFA numbers in it's first weekend. Just an unrealistic expectation imo.

I really think once people start to realize it's a really kid friendly adventure (quite possibly more kid friendly than the original) we'll see a bit more.

Pretty sure we're going to get at least a few more thing out of this, as the new animated series and animated film are already in the works.

The mixed team thing has been rumbling around for quite some time now as well, also pretty sure I read something about a sequel already being green lit.
It's kinda funny. For it to be considered a bomb, it would have to have been at $30 million or less. If that had happened, opponents of the film would be dancing in the aisles. For it to be considered a really good start it would've needed to land above $50 million, close to $60 million. If that happened, fans of the film would be dancing in the aisles.

But here is what happened...it landed in between at $46 million. Everywhere I go there are analysts arguing why this is good and why this is not good, but it's in the middle. It's not dire news, but it's also not inspiring news. Because of this, we have opponents of the film and fans of the film fighting in the aisles. Yay!
ghostJAR, deadderek liked this
By TimTheTerrorDog
Ghost Corps is an awesome idea. Glad to hear a Sony exec already say there will ABSOLUTELY be further films. Happy to hear a new animated series is in the works. Was the fact that Reitman, Aykroyd, Ramis, and Murray controlled Ghostbusters common knowledge before this recent Ivan Reitman interview?? All these years of GB3 rumors, I always understood that Sony just didn't want to greenlight a third entry without Murray being on board. I never knew that they COULDN'T!
By SpaceBallz
Travis Burrell wrote:
I guess the good news is that Ivan will have more say in the next project, I don't think Paul had any plans to return and do a sequel judging from earlier interviews.
pferreira1983 liked this
By Jangonate
Oh, Feig is talking about sequels. He said he usually doesn't but loves this universr and wants to explore more. This was recent. I'll look for a link.
lozbloke liked this
By mrmichaelt
Travis Burrell wrote:
Simple, cab drivers sometimes sit in their car and wait for long stretches. He could have read either Ghosts From Our Past or Kemp's Spectral Field Guide as mentioned in the tie-in version of GFOP which is considered canon according to Shaffer since Feig and Dippold consulted on it.
Sav C, deadderek liked this
By deadderek
TimTheTerrorDog wrote:Ghost Corps is an awesome idea. Glad to hear a Sony exec already say there will ABSOLUTELY be further films. Happy to hear a new animated series is in the works. Was the fact that Reitman, Aykroyd, Ramis, and Murray controlled Ghostbusters common knowledge before this recent Ivan Reitman interview?? All these years of GB3 rumors, I always understood that Sony just didn't want to greenlight a third entry without Murray being on board. I never knew that they COULDN'T!

Careful though, we've been promised sequels for movies before. Not talking Ghostbusters, but plenty of times a sequel was promised just to not come to fruition.

The cartoon has me excited, I just hope it's given more than 1 season like The Extreme Ghostbusters.
Sav C liked this
By pferreira1983
JurorNo.2 wrote:
Or, no offence, it's what you want to be there.
Along with most people who have seen it yeah.
Alphagaia wrote:I do think the more money it makes, more possibilities are open and the sooner we get them. I don't mean just more exclusive GBATC stuff.
Perhaps another film worthy of title of avant-garde? :lol:

Where are you at?

Ghostbusters Ecto-1 Android App!

Look for it in the Android Market under "[…]

A Victorian Ghostbuster

I spent most of the weekend working on my Alice fr[…]

Made a couple of changes to the 8th Logistics jack[…]