This just in from Hasbro Pulse!

Every aspiring Ghostbuster knows that you need the tools, as well as the talent! Imagine suiting up as part of the team with this Ghostbusters wand and blastin’ all sorts of frightening phantasms. With classic 1984-inspired design and detail, the Plasma Series Neutrona Wand (1984) features LEDs, authentic sound effects, motorized vibrations with intensity adjustment, and stream extension with four unique bustin’ modes. Use the included stand to display this particle thrower in any Ghostbusters collection. The Neutrona Wand (1984) is also a great addition to any Ghostbusters costume.

These are already in stock and available for shipping at Hasbro Pulse.

https://hasbropulse.com/collections/gho ... -wand-1984
zeta otaku, Kingpin, gerard55 and 1 others liked this
gerard55 wrote: February 1st, 2024, 2:39 pm Not sure what the story is with the black 'hat light'. The matty wand had one as well, did any of the semi heros or hero props in 84 have a black 'light' on the gunbox?
nope. White hatlights either underneath or on top.

Orange hatlight for superhero
gerard55 liked this
Video of it in use here.

Would've been nice if Hasbro had gotten rid of the 30 second idle shutdown in this version, but we're still required to jump through hoops and buy third party mods just to have the lights run indefinitely. The fact that the cheap life-size Spirit pack can do this out of the box, while Hasbro's expensive "collector" props have to babysit the user and turn themselves off after half a minute is infuriating.
Last edited by Kingpin on February 1st, 2024, 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Added Youtube code
One time liked this
Maybe messing with the electronics would have made it incompatible with the pack? Or more likely they done it with as few changes as possible. It even seems to have the same rust weathering along the gunbox that's on the Spengler wand, likely part of the mold.
I have to say...this...really feels like " a day late and a dollar short" type of play. First off as mentioned yes the idle kill is still there...which is a pet peeve of all of us. The only thing different is grips...grips. Most of us have had mods done to do those as it is and while they're not going to be as small and connected in most cases as this out of the box version...that's the only thing different. Why didn't Hasbro launch this when they did the trap and meter or in between the pack and the trap 2 pack release...Plenty of time there to do so.

Did Hasbro JUST check their e-mails from 2020 or something? I like that's its an original version...but this could have come out the same time as the Spengler wand and people I'm sure will still buy this. I mean I tempted save that bloody orange cap but as I look I think "its just grips...which i already have modded . I almost would have thought if they were gonna do a new wand...they would have done the Frozen Empire version. Fans were making Spengler wands look more classics AND more screen accurate from the moment they hit shelves. As Michael French says "Fans are doing the best work."

So...I suppose the bigger question is what did Hasbro THINK would happen? Maybe if they re-released proton packs again these might slide faster but I don't see a lot of folks getting them if they already have wands and modded ones at that.
OBSIDIAN liked this
gerard55 wrote: February 1st, 2024, 4:14 pm Maybe messing with the electronics would have made it incompatible with the pack? Or more likely they done it with as few changes as possible. It even seems to have the same rust weathering along the gunbox that's on the Spengler wand, likely part of the mold.
The only "Compatibility" the wand has with the pack is voltage detection. The wand draws ~4.7V when powered up, and... uhh... less than that (for the life of me I cannot remember) when offline. The Hasbro pack powers the wand when connected, so the pack has a system that detects how much voltage is being drawn, then reacts based on that, allowing the wand based startup (only possible if the pack is already on, after shutting itself off WITH THE AUTO OFF (why, Hasbro, why?)

They did this because they released the wand standalone, most likely without the intention to release a pack.
I ordered multiple items of all the Hasbro/Haslab items that came before. But with this I'm not convinced :(

Grips are too thin/anorexic. Due to the barrel tube diameter. I think the best thing is to get the Spengler wand and buy 3D printed '84 grips off Etsy. That way the grips looks more beefy and accurate.

Orange barrel tip shines through the inside of the plexiglass (no matter if you paint the outside silver or not). Also you see the battery door safety screw protrusion sticking out of the rear grip in the first image below. Though that isn't Hasbro's fault, just a legal requisite.

If there had been any new functionality I would have gotten a couple though. But as it is it will be a pass :/

30 second shut off was an easy fix, as was settling the bargraph on the lowest decal with just the bar graph light activated and not the cylotron. Red paint on the button on the barrel is applied over the housing (should just be the button).

Such simple things to get right really :( Come on Hasbro.

But if you don't wanna spend a few dollars on Etsy, this is a great alternative if you want an 1984 wand.

Though my advice would be to get a Spengler wand (even the V1's are still for sale!) and just get Etsy grips. Those Etsy grips are really mature now as they've gone through many iterations.

Check the first two images... how thin / anorexic the grips look, they almost look as thin as 80% Spirit pack wands. If you get chunkier 3D printed grips they wil hide that inaccurate barrel tube diameter because they cloak it (the 3D prints just snap over the existing Hasbro grips).

This is a comparison of the screen used and the Hasbro Spengler. You notice the barrel and grips are less beefy on the Hasbro. As are the dimensions of several parts. But Etsy 3D printed grips fix that problem entirely, because they snap over the existing Hasbro grips.

Here are pics of my Spenglers made to look like 1984's with just simple 3D grips bought off Etsy for a few dollars.

But this is all just my opinion
OBSIDIAN liked this
It's not really appropriate to describe something as "anorexic" when we're not talking about anorexia nervosa.

The grips may be thinner due to the different thickness of the barrel tubes, but it doesn't look as egregious to me.

I appreciate it's disappointing for some here that most of changes people wanted to see weren't made, but there was never any promise on Hasbro's part to implement any of them.
It was very likely they were going to change the internal electronics seeing as they already had a successful-enough circuit board from the previous version, and they've made their stance regarding the orange tip very clear.
But, it's got... new... packaging... lol
RealGhostbusterJay wrote: February 2nd, 2024, 6:36 am I have to say...this...really feels like " a day late and a dollar short" type of play. First off as mentioned yes the idle kill is still there...which is a pet peeve of all of us. The only thing different is grips...grips. Most of us have had mods done to do those as it is and while they're not going to be as small and connected in most cases as this out of the box version...that's the only thing different. Why didn't Hasbro launch this when they did the trap and meter or in between the pack and the trap 2 pack release...Plenty of time there to do so.

Did Hasbro JUST check their e-mails from 2020 or something? I like that's its an original version...but this could have come out the same time as the Spengler wand and people I'm sure will still buy this. I mean I tempted save that bloody orange cap but as I look I think "its just grips...which i already have modded . I almost would have thought if they were gonna do a new wand...they would have done the Frozen Empire version. Fans were making Spengler wands look more classics AND more screen accurate from the moment they hit shelves. As Michael French says "Fans are doing the best work."

So...I suppose the bigger question is what did Hasbro THINK would happen? Maybe if they re-released proton packs again these might slide faster but I don't see a lot of folks getting them if they already have wands and modded ones at that.
RealGhostbusterJay liked this
Bison256 wrote: February 2nd, 2024, 8:57 am Do guys think they're going to release Frozen empire version at some point? As long as Sony/Jason/Gill use the same basic thrower design Hasbro can reuse most of the moulds and electronic designs.
If this wand is anything to go by they likely will, and probably use the exact same mould with all the 'baked in' imperfections on the Spengler wand. Its literally just a front grip change and a random yellow slab behind the heatsink.
gamera1968 liked this
I see they're on pre order now. Though I heard through some boards this was due to many wands having QA issues and Hasbro wanted to fix things before sending more out again. Thought the Spengler wand itself had issues even on their second orange cap versions. On of mine was sent back for QA issues. Third time isn't a charm I guess.
mrmichaelt liked this
gerard55 wrote: February 8th, 2024, 5:58 pm Apparently that crap looking handle weathering can be removed by alcohol wipes.
Received mine today (in a comically oversized box) and immediatly did it. Removed most of the handle grime and some very of the shoddy silver spots. The stuff on the handles come off pretty quickly, but the silver is a bit tougher.
gerard55 liked this
Let's see if it comes to pass that another pack is released. I'm speculating 1984 and Frozen Empire Proton Pack versions.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy using a hacked pirate satellite in a decaying orbit
Last edited by Kingpin on February 19th, 2024, 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Removed photos not related to discussion of HasLab pack.
Considering the effort they went to with the Haslabs pack making certain Afterlife bits removable and the dedicated switch for 84-style animations I still think it's unlikely. A Frozen Empire one, however... well that's different.
zeta otaku liked this
I ended up grabbing one of the 84 wands just to have an extra. I will say I love how it fits in my hand. The hat light doesn't bug me too much. I just painted it. The orange tip though. I know everyone and their terror dog says just use a paint pen but no matter what paints I use this tip does not want to stay painted. I've water based paint markers, oil based paint pens...enamel paint...About ready to throw it out a window.
RealGhostbusterJay wrote: March 16th, 2024, 3:46 pm I ended up grabbing one of the 84 wands just to have an extra. I will say I love how it fits in my hand. The hat light doesn't bug me too much. I just painted it. The orange tip though. I know everyone and their terror dog says just use a paint pen but no matter what paints I use this tip does not want to stay painted. I've water based paint markers, oil based paint pens...enamel paint...About ready to throw it out a window.
Rub n buff my friend. It’s what I used in the pictures above. Mix the right shade, let it dry a bit, clear coat with matte clear, then apply weathering (black r n b thinned down with Napthta), clear coat that too if you want but you really don’t need to.
I ordered one when it went up thinking it was a pre-order (stupid idea but it's fine), that one came in, tried it immediately on the Haslab Spengler pack, noticed it was turning itself off whenever I would flip the activation switch, so tried some batteries in, had to hold them in as I had no access to the cover (with the stupid screw in) and it kept giving me the same thing as well as garbled/crackling audio, so it was definitely faulty, got in touch with Hasbro and the lass who took my call (Rio I think her name was) was absolutely amazing and said "Yep, no problem, ship it back free of charge, we will either send you a new one OR give you a full refund if there are no more in stock, but it could take about two weeks at the moment due to stock depleting quite quickly, which I agreed on.

Two weeks later I got a new one (which is now on my pack), I put it on, initially thought there was issues with that one, but found out thanks to people in the haslab proton pack group telling me that it's not the wand, as the 2nd wand would not be faulty and to change the D cell batteries in there (I had panasonic ones, but I switched them out to Duracell branded ones!) and the wand started up properly, no sign of issues! Only issue I have is the orange tip, BUT, I can live with that since it's due to convention rules now!

A new update has gone through. Some bug fixes but […]

From what I can tell, the variations are for dista[…]

End papers printed for the prototype: https://i[…]

Cool, should work fine for you. Let me know how it[…]