On the Haslab pack the cyclotron Legris elbow is more of an air hose style quick disconnect with an elbow connector. Has anyone been able to find a real part like that or was it just a rubber cast fantasy of the Haslab design department?

I like the idea of a "quick disconnect" there considering the Haslab pack is meant to be opened up, but I really want to replace the rubber with a real part. I guess worst case scenario I could paint the part to look "real" but it would be so much more satisfying to have an actual metal part there.

Any suggestions?
Thanks I just want to make sure it wasn't something outside my knowledge base.

The more I look at the rubber piece on the Haslab Pack the more I think they made it by putting a quick disconnect sleeve over a Legris elbow and just made a cast of the combination. There isn't even a gap that would be needed to slide the sleeve up a little to use it like an actual quick disconnect.

To make a combination that would work "if it were real" would add a good 1/2 inch to an inch (roughly 1 to 2.5cm) in length away form the cyclotron before the elbow turned upward. It would look odd for sure. Might have to experiment a bit to see if I can get something to look aesthetically pleasing.
PetroMan wrote: April 4th, 2023, 8:54 pm Thanks I just want to make sure it wasn't something outside my knowledge base.

The more I look at the rubber piece on the Haslab Pack the more I think they made it by putting a quick disconnect sleeve over a Legris elbow and just made a cast of the combination. There isn't even a gap that would be needed to slide the sleeve up a little to use it like an actual quick disconnect.

To make a combination that would work "if it were real" would add a good 1/2 inch to an inch (roughly 1 to 2.5cm) in length away form the cyclotron before the elbow turned upward. It would look odd for sure. Might have to experiment a bit to see if I can get something to look aesthetically pleasing.
I highly doubt they cast a real part for it, more likely modelled a bespoke one, as they don't match a real SMC elbow (the Afterlife packs didn't use Legris elbows)
if you're ok to cut your pack just cut ou the Legris cyclotron connector. Now you can add a real Legris elbow on the cable and add a 4mm diameter neodym magnet to it and on the cyclotron like this you have a quick connect cable with original parts and with not to much pain.
    Proton Props UK

Any update on your pack Ackbar?

Seems to be fine and still working good. The charg[…]

I think they just knocked this out cheap. Is the u[…]

I have almost finished all of my 3d printed parts.[…]