Discuss the Ghostbusters Comic from IDW, as well as the now defunct Ghostbusters: Legion series.
I was thinking about the Ghostbusters: Past, Present, and Future the good early IDW comic. The writers had some untended foresight that is really close to what happened in Afterlife. Quoting the wiki:
"The Ghost of Christmas Future teleported Peter Venkman and Egon Spengler to a possible future where they were approximately aged to their 60's and were forced to battle Gozer, who was in a new Destructor form.
It didn't happen quite that way but damn, Egon was killed by Gozer's servant and the other guys were about that age in the vision. So much story potential, stuff like this reminds me how upset I am IDW lost license.
Also was Venkman figuring out the ghost of Christmas future was possessing Woodrow Fraser a reference to the 1988 Bill Murray film Scrooged? In Universe Elwood Blues and Austin Millbarge are implied to exist else where in multiverse and have a connection of sorts with Ray, Peter getting deja vu because of a similar connection to Frank Cross makes sense.
Bison256 wrote: April 9th, 2023, 3:39 pm I was thinking about the Ghostbusters: Past, Present, and Future the good early IDW comic. The writers had some untended foresight that is really close to what happened in Afterlife. Quoting the wiki:
"The Ghost of Christmas Future teleported Peter Venkman and Egon Spengler to a possible future where they were approximately aged to their 60's and were forced to battle Gozer, who was in a new Destructor form.
Hey everyone! Just wanted to share my love for reading comics! There's something magical about getting lost in the colorful pages and immersing yourself in captivating stories. Whether it's superheroes, fantasy worlds, or heartwarming tales, comics have it all. It's a fantastic way to unwind and escape into a different realm.On a more serious note, for my fellow medical students, let's talk about medical residency personal statement editing It's a crucial part of the application process, and seeking professional help can make a world of difference. Choose a reputable service to refine your personal statement and highlight your strengths. Let's support each other in achieving our dreams! Good luck, superheroes of medicine! .

It's fascinating how the Ghostbusters comics by IDW had some unintentional foresight that closely aligned with the events depicted in the movie Ghostbusters: Afterlife. The concept of the Ghost of Christmas Future teleporting Peter Venkman and Egon Spengler to a possible future where they face a new form of Gozer and battle at an older age is quite intriguing. While the actual events in the movie may not have unfolded exactly as portrayed in the comic, the parallels and potential story potential are evident.

The reference to Venkman figuring out the ghost of Christmas future possessing Woodrow Fraser and its connection to the film Scrooged starring Bill Murray is an interesting observation. It's not uncommon for movies, comics, and other forms of storytelling to make references or draw inspiration from each other, creating subtle connections within a larger universe or multiverse. The sense of déjà vu experienced by Ray and Peter due to these connections adds another layer of depth to their characters and the overall narrative.
Last edited by anxer5 on July 27th, 2023, 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
anxer5 wrote: July 18th, 2023, 10:45 amThe reference to Venkman figuring out the ghost of Christmas future possessing Woodrow Fraser and its connection to the film Scrooged starring Bill Murray is an interesting observation.
There's no connection/reference/parallel to Scrooged beyond it being an adaptation of A Christmas Carol and it having a character in it that was played by Murray. A reference to Scrooged would've been to have had the ghostly cab driver or fairy, or a reference to the IBC television station.

Also probably different release dates. USA: […]

Ghostbusters Day 2024

Even if Frozen Empire somehow made a billion dolla[…]

GB News is calling the Pink Camo Tint the last mil[…]

New details https://i.imgur.com/0cWzlPm.jpeg […]