By DanielOwsley
Our family recently finished turning our smart car into a tiny version of the ecto 1. Here's our story and pictures of the progress.

First off, why do I even own a smart car.? This is simple at the time I was poor and needed a cheap vehicle for work. At the time I was a meter reader so haveing a small car to get in and out of places was nice. The smart car turned out to be a great purchase and my then girlfriend now wife and I made many great memories with it.

Almost a decade later our daughter was born. Unfortunately she had a condition that required several neuro surgeries. The wife and I lived at Riley's children hospital in Indianapolis for about half a year, during this time the smart car sat unused in the driveway during this time and would no longer run. Out of money we had to let our favorite vehicle sit for the next 4 years. Jump to last January and we finally had the money to fix the smart car, at this point Afterlife had been released and I had begun sharing my love of ghostbusters with my daughter who is also a big fan. So we decided to make our favorite car into our favorite movie car.

As you can see our little smart car was in rough shape. She needed a new paint job , 4 new tires, a new rim and a new grill just for starters. The paint job was easy but it took four months to get a new rim. We were able to get new tires but we're unable to get white walls. If you know of a process to add white walls to tires please let me know.

Here we are with the new paint.
Prime 1986, Macktacular liked this
By castewar
Yeeessss! I've been waiting for someone to do one of these for awhile - at least a decade, if the file info on this little quick and dirty mock-up I did is any indication. I picked up one of the GBBC members in a smart car (can't remember if it was FanExpo or Halloween parade) and the little cargo hatch in the back is like it's purpose built to hold two packs.
Can't wait to see more pictures!
By sprprops
DanielOwsley wrote:We were able to get new tires but we're unable to get white walls. If you know of a process to add white walls to tires please let me know.
White flex seal, I'm not kidding. My ecto has painted on whitewalls because they dont make them in the size I needed.

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]