Please post up details about your transactions. Please put the name of the seller or buyer in the topic title! Only CIVIL feedback and discussions will be allowed.
Forum rules: Please provide clear and accurate feedback for a seller. Search for forum to make sure there isn't already a topic about a seller, if there is post in that thread. When posting please be careful as you will not be able to edit your post later.
By abaka
The fact that this guy still gets business makes me understanf why the Tories are still in power in the UK. Because people are very very very thick!
tobycj, stonecoldrmw liked this
By Upfrontplatypus
I ordered a pack kit from him around the end of Febuary, got a working tracking number, and the tracking is saying it's arriving next week, guess i just got lucky I guess lol
By Ectotainment
I ordered a sniffer from Ben in June 2021. Apparently it was lost 3 times in the mail trying to get to the US. Tracking numbers never worked. My sister was visiting some family in the UK last December 2022 so I asked if he could try shipping to their address in the UK and my sister could take it home with her. It did eventually get there and she brought it back for me in January 2023.
By Astantax
Hi all -

Just found out about this thread and wanted to chime in - during the pandemic I'd ordered at least a single kit from BOK (might have been 2, but I can't remember), and after months and months of extremely poorly written emails and repeated delays and multiple overshoots of promised delivery estimates - pretty much the same story as that which others have reported, I finally got a tracking number from BOK, ostensibly from DHL.

This tracking number didn't work. I called DHL, and they said there was no such tracking number anywhere in their system, period. I asked for clarification from BOK and got what I can only surmise as the classic runaround as reported by others. At that point, I had no choice but to cancel the order and dispute the charges to get my money back, as my trust in this person was effectively destroyed, and I haven't looked back. In a way I'm glad I'm not alone, because the experience with this supposed upstanding member of the gb props ecosystem was so outlandish and sketchy I thought I'd been tricked by an imposter.

I've read through the blacklisted sellers post enough times to know that others have been permabanned for similar transgressions - I would implore the sites owners and moderation team to consider same. It makes me worry about how this person's behavior is affecting the perception of this fan community at large. He has a heavy presence on etsy and I've wondered how many people out there have been treated to this same pattern whom we don't know about / who don't post here?
zeta otaku, Arch27, tobycj and 2 others liked this
By 33rdparanormal
Astantax wrote: April 13th, 2023, 11:26 pm In a way I'm glad I'm not alone, because the experience with this supposed upstanding member of the gb props ecosystem was so outlandish and sketchy I thought I'd been tricked by an imposter.
I thought the exact same thing. I purchased through Etsy, and I can't tell you how many times I went back and combed over his page trying to see if it was a duplicate of the real BoK Etsy page and that I had fallen for a con. I was convinced I wasn't when I cancelled my order and was then banned from his FB page.
SpaceWoof liked this
By tobycj
Astantax wrote: April 13th, 2023, 11:26 pm I've read through the blacklisted sellers post enough times to know that others have been permabanned for similar transgressions - I would implore the sites owners and moderation team to consider same. It makes me worry about how this person's behavior is affecting the perception of this fan community at large. He has a heavy presence on etsy and I've wondered how many people out there have been treated to this same pattern whom we don't know about / who don't post here?
The folk that are blacklisted are all people who've had accounts on here. BoK doesn't do anything outside of his Facebook group and etsy, so the best adding him to the blacklist here would be a "buyer beware" for people who use these forums. Because he refunds anyone who complains and had purchased through etsy they then lose the ability to leave any feedback there, so he has a page full of glowing reviews instead of the truth of some buyer's experiences.
Ackbar, Astantax, SpaceWoof and 1 others liked this
By Upfrontplatypus
Upfrontplatypus wrote: April 11th, 2023, 9:30 am I ordered a pack kit from him around the end of Febuary, got a working tracking number, and the tracking is saying it's arriving next week, guess i just got lucky I guess lol
I got the pack about a week ago, it was missing a few parts, nothing major though just the elbows and a tube, and the alice frame, he said that they were actually arriving in a separate package, give it a few days and he gives me 2 tracking numbers, actually no its the same tracking number twice, of course I didn't notice it until the next day and pointed it out and he said he must've accidentally copy pasted wrong and sent me the actual second tracking number.

The first number updated quickly, and eventually arrived, it was the alice frame. As of writing this he says the other one has arrived in a facility in the US, but the number hasn't updated. I'm gonna be real with y'all I'm at the point where I'm gonna give it a week and if there's no update I'm just gonna buy the parts from someone else and just close the book on this, I got the parts that I literally can't get anywhere else easily, so be it if I gotta snag a few bits and bobs I can get ahold of with a quick google search. So my opinion of Ben? I have no clue honestly.

On one hand, he very much seemed to give some iffy updates at times, but on the other hand a fair few times he seemed reasonably annoyed at how long it was taking as well. And as for the custom issues (Lemme preface with I'm not 100% aware of how the custom system works) I think he's not 100% lying, cause the various forms that came taped to the package, said it was a 3D printed model of a ghost trap, NOT a resin proton pack. So maybe the customs issue is coming from THAT, it seems he might just be slapping all his international packages with that label. And again I have literally no knowledge on that topic, that's just me making a guess. I would be surprised if the actual issue is that he's just taking way too many orders and just has a random compulsion to lie when not needed. I feel like if he was just for real about the status of things all these issues wouldn't be happening, but instead of just going "Yeah I'm backed up its gonna be a minute" he has to give these convoluted answers.

I legitimately don't think he's out to scam people, from the chats I've had he seems like a good guy, the few questions I had regarding putting the kit together he was quick and helpful, I think he's just making a series of bad decision and its starting to pile up, and in the end the products I got were well made.

If anyone's looking to buy from him, right now I wouldn't recommend it if its something big, something small maybe. For anything big maybe wait a year and see if the issues persist.
By SpaceWoof
Just realized he left me on "Shipping" status on Etsy, so I challenged the inability to leave a review because of it with Etsy's chat folks. They said because I am in Shipping, and my order was from 2021, that I was out of luck. Pointed out I did not get the package, with all parts I paid for, until nine months later and they admitted others had complained the same but technically no rules were broken.

The dirtbag knows what he is doing, I'll give him that.
Arch27 liked this
By SpaceBallz
A few years ago we ordered three pack kits (we live in Michigan). Months went by and he kept blaming the pandemic. I mean, there should have been a tracking number at least. But he insisted he shipped them out over a month ago (prior to me contacting him a little frustrated). We eventually demanded refunds, he replied that he would contact customs and have the kits shipped back to him lol. We left him negative reviews on his etsy, then a FLOOD of positive reviews the next day came in drowning our reviews out. It may not be a 100% scam, but 80% is still a scam to me.
RealGhostbusterJay liked this
By Nerdy NotionZ
I recently got my stuff from Ben, but was worried I wasnt going to get it.

Last year Ben agreed to help out with the charity raffle I am doing this year. They were going to send a pack shell to me in Jan. Jan came and went and nothing. I asked about it and was told it shipped to my old address, Gave him new address in Nov, and they it would have to be rerouted. Months go by and I keep getting the run around. I gave up and just started printing a new sell myself. As I am finishing up the pack, I do get a package in the mail, in September. It is the shell he promised with a few other things as well, but the raffle/giveaway is in Nov. So now I have to rush to finish this pack.

Yes....I did get my item, yes it was free, but it took 9 months after I was supposed to get it before it showed up.
SpaceWoof liked this
By prodestrian
alphabeta001 wrote:Well shit. I've only ordered something small and I'm in the UK but this doesn't sound good
I've been following this thread for a while and as far as I can tell it's only larger items that some people have had trouble with (pack kits etc). If you've only ordered something small you'll probably be fine. I'm in Australia, I ordered a V-Hook kit in 2020.
* Ordered 25th November
* Shipped 5th December
* Arrived 18th December

Considering it had to travel to the opposite side of the world I was pretty happy with that. And I was aware there was a 2 week lead time when I ordered. Hopefully the fact that you've also ordered something small, and you're within the same country as him, it all works in your favour.
By alphabeta001
My order arrived and was "upgraded" to a resin kit. Supposedly the 3d parts would have taken 8 days. This was ordered 26th September and only had notice of it being shipped when I nudged the guy after 20 days.
The wand is crap. No where near the quality nickatron produced and holes are badly made.
Sent him an email and he says he'll send a 3d one tomorrow. When he supposedly had supplier issues.

This is my fault, should have checked the feedback here first.
By tobycj
alphabeta001 wrote: October 17th, 2023, 12:32 pm My order arrived and was "upgraded" to a resin kit. Supposedly the 3d parts would have taken 8 days. This was ordered 26th September and only had notice of it being shipped when I nudged the guy after 20 days.
The wand is crap. No where near the quality nickatron produced and holes are badly made.
Sent him an email and he says he'll send a 3d one tomorrow. When he supposedly had supplier issues.

This is my fault, should have checked the feedback here first.
Unless he's stepped his game up very recently his 3D prints need a lot of post-processing, so be prepared for that.
By Hugues49
Good morning,
I live in France and I ordered a pack from Ben Of Kent.
I must give back to César what belongs to César: The resin pack is of very good quality and I was delivered in a very reasonable time (maybe because I live in France). I hesitated for a long time after reading all the comments read here but I am not disappointed.
Ben sent me photos of the package and the voucher with the tracking number which I can follow day by day
For the price, you shouldn't expect a very luxury pack either, but frankly I'm surprised by all these comments. Maybe I was privileged.
It still remains, for me, very good value for money.
Happy kisses from France ;)
Hugues
By FenderT
Figured I should post my experience here with Ben of Kent. On the 17th of July 2022 I purchased his Full size Trap and pedal kit 3D printed/cables package on Etsy, with it being marked as dispatched on the 1st of September 2022. On the 11th of November I reached out to ask what the shipping time was, and was told the courier said about the 18th. That date came and went, and I reached out again on the 28th of December. A little back and forth, and on the 19th I was told the courier asked for 24 hours so they can speak to the depot. I reached out again on the 19th of January after not hearing anything back, and was given a trans global tracking number that matched my city. This tracking number expired after 30ish days never moving from the label has been created. On February 14th I was messaged saying something about sales tax questions, and that it would be delivered early next week. March 23rd I was told it was sent back to them, and it's been sorted for delivery on the 7th. April 19th was messaged for a follow up, with talk about how there was no sales tax after going back and forth. Last message was sent to me on May 2nd, saying the package was due to arrive in the next 48 hours, this time I didn't reply as I was busy.

I'm not exactly sure whats going on, other than what I have read on this thread (and I really wish I had read this thread before I bought) I'm still kinda hopeful that it will arrive one day.
By EctoLabs
FenderT wrote: October 23rd, 2023, 5:09 pm Figured I should post my experience here with Ben of Kent. On the 17th of July 2022 I purchased his Full size Trap and pedal kit 3D printed/cables package on Etsy, with it being marked as dispatched on the 1st of September 2022. On the 11th of November I reached out to ask what the shipping time was, and was told the courier said about the 18th. That date came and went, and I reached out again on the 28th of December. A little back and forth, and on the 19th I was told the courier asked for 24 hours so they can speak to the depot. I reached out again on the 19th of January after not hearing anything back, and was given a trans global tracking number that matched my city. This tracking number expired after 30ish days never moving from the label has been created. On February 14th I was messaged saying something about sales tax questions, and that it would be delivered early next week. March 23rd I was told it was sent back to them, and it's been sorted for delivery on the 7th. April 19th was messaged for a follow up, with talk about how there was no sales tax after going back and forth. Last message was sent to me on May 2nd, saying the package was due to arrive in the next 48 hours, this time I didn't reply as I was busy.

I'm not exactly sure whats going on, other than what I have read on this thread (and I really wish I had read this thread before I bought) I'm still kinda hopeful that it will arrive one day.
I'll tell you exactly what's going on.... He hasn't made your kit yet, so as a way of biding time and making it look like it's not his fault, he's feeding you a steaming pile of bullshit. This is what he does time and time again and yet he is STILL getting away with it, all while keeping his orders open so he can collect as much cash as possible.

Let me be clear again - no genuine seller has the kind of endless shipping problems he claims to have. It's very simple to send a parcel to someone in a timely manner either domestically or internationally. It's extremely rare to ever have to contact the courier. You make the goods, you box them up, you create a shipping label which includes a tracking number, you pass the tracking number on to the customer. You don't request a tracking number from a courier - this is generated BEFORE a parcel is sent. If there are any issues during transit this will show up when you track it on the courier's website.

Ben - you probably won't read these posts, but in case you do, please be aware that you are a considered by all other genuine sellers here in the UK to be a stain on this community. We know exactly what you are up to and we're not going to let you get away with the shit you pull unchallenged. You are not representative of the rest of us. How you can sleep at night taking people's money in the way that you do is beyond me.

And to his potential customers - do yourself and your sanity a favour and avoid him like the plague.
Kingpin, tobycj, ccv66 and 4 others liked this
By OnEdge
A few weeks ago, I hesitantly ordered a motherboard from Ben. His motherboard probably won’t fit what I have, but there’s nobody else who sells it (at least to my knowledge) and I don’t have the tools to cut one myself. I knew what I was getting into but I thought it’s just a motherboard it can’t be that hard of an order to fulfil can it? Well yesterday the order has been marked as dispatched but surprise surprise. No tracking number. I contacted him today about it and he claims my package isn’t due to fly until Sunday because DPD is apparently “three days behind”. On sunday he claims to give me a picture of the package and a tracking number but knowing this guy, I think I’m in for a long journey.
ccv66 liked this
By ccv66
I ship hundreds of things every month. I’ve had containers stuck at the port, but I rarely have a problem with packages or pallets. The problems I do have are almost always the senders and receivers fault… snow has given me few monkeys wrenches

Anovos , hasbro and Mack factory are all based on the same shell. One motherboard should fit all of them in theory
OnEdge liked this
By OnEdge
I would be surprised if he actually does update me on Sunday with a tracking number but let’s just hope for the best for my sake lol.
By EctoLabs
DPD three days behind, huh? Amazing how he knows the precise timings of courier services at the drop off a hat while the rest of us can barely get through to customer services when needed. He's sent out fake DPD emails in the past too (posted earlier in this thread) so beware of that.

Will his motherboard fit? Well, he tends to struggle with scale and a lot of his parts are based on very outdated plans so it's anyone's guess. Here's hoping you don't have too much of a headache.
By tobycj
ccv66 wrote: October 27th, 2023, 8:03 pm I ship hundreds of things every month. I’ve had containers stuck at the port, but I rarely have a problem with packages or pallets. The problems I do have are almost always the senders and receivers fault… snow has given me few monkeys wrenches

Anovos , hasbro and Mack factory are all based on the same shell. One motherboard should fit all of them in theory
Highly unlikely, as they'll all have been changed to varying degrees. I seem to recall someone saying a while back an Anovos didn't fit a Mack's idealised shell, not sure about his legacy shell. Plus the BoK mobo is fitted to his specific shell, which uses the very old Stefan Otto plans, which we know are inaccurate to varying degrees. I can 100% guarantee it's not a good fit for any of the three packs you listed.
ccv66 liked this
By ccv66
Stefan Otto plans are definitely different.. I cut my own motherboard for Anovos .. I'll take it off see if it fits mack factory and Hasbro
tobycj liked this
By SpaceWoof
FenderT wrote: October 23rd, 2023, 5:09 pm Figured I should post my experience here with Ben of Kent. On the 17th of July 2022 I purchased his Full size Trap and pedal kit 3D printed/cables package on Etsy, with it being marked as dispatched on the 1st of September 2022. On the 11th of November I reached out to ask what the shipping time was, and was told the courier said about the 18th. That date came and went, and I reached out again on the 28th of December. A little back and forth, and on the 19th I was told the courier asked for 24 hours so they can speak to the depot. I reached out again on the 19th of January after not hearing anything back, and was given a trans global tracking number that matched my city. This tracking number expired after 30ish days never moving from the label has been created. On February 14th I was messaged saying something about sales tax questions, and that it would be delivered early next week. March 23rd I was told it was sent back to them, and it's been sorted for delivery on the 7th. April 19th was messaged for a follow up, with talk about how there was no sales tax after going back and forth. Last message was sent to me on May 2nd, saying the package was due to arrive in the next 48 hours, this time I didn't reply as I was busy.

Did your items arrive?

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]