Discuss the upcoming 4th movie, Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire to be released in March 2024.
WCat2000 wrote: October 24th, 2022, 2:48 pm I had an idea I thought would be cool.

What if within the movie universe of course Cadillac put the Miller Meteor back into limited production especially for the ghostbusters reopening after so long.
They might do it for Beyoncé, or BTS... But they wouldn't go to all that effort for the Ghostbusters.
Kingpin wrote: October 26th, 2022, 10:25 am
WCat2000 wrote: October 24th, 2022, 2:48 pm I had an idea I thought would be cool.

What if within the movie universe of course Cadillac put the Miller Meteor back into limited production especially for the ghostbusters reopening after so long.
They might do it for Beyoncé, or BTS... But they wouldn't go to all that effort for the Ghostbusters.
Haha well maybe Winston could make a deal with Cadillac to do it.
jimmyjokerz wrote:Any recent news on the next movie?! They just be shooting now if it’s coming out next summer, you’d think
No, nothing recent since the beginning of October/end of September when Ernie Hudson said Sony is looking at a script and Mckenna Grace confirmed she's reprising Phoebe. We should be hearing new things in the next couple of weeks.
I've faith in the whole Firehouse team. With all the covid pushbacks, etc, for all we know a mostly completed script could have been ready to go when Afterlife was released!

Doubtful but when I see people post about how little time is left to release the movie...I doubt they'd take on a date Jason & Co. wouldn't be able to make on time.

Have faith. :)
deadderek wrote: October 31st, 2022, 10:50 pm I've faith in the whole Firehouse team. With all the covid pushbacks, etc, for all we know a mostly completed script could have been ready to go when Afterlife was released!

Doubtful but when I see people post about how little time is left to release the movie...I doubt they'd take on a date Jason & Co. wouldn't be able to make on time.

Have faith. :)
I think they've done a couple of drafts and Sony is taking a look at the final one.
hype timeline with Afterlife :

Ecto Teaser/announcement- january 2019
First cast and crew set photo- july 2019
First trailer - December 2019

Got something new almost every 6 months it seems

(Seems more dry now because we got that amazing teaser with the announcement last time.)

For Firehouse..So far “officially” were at:
Announcement- june 2022

So if were going off that..we should hear/see something by this month or next. But dont quote me on that.
Davideverona liked this
BatDan wrote: November 2nd, 2022, 4:34 am hype timeline with Afterlife :

Ecto Teaser/announcement- january 2019
First cast and crew set photo- july 2019
First trailer - December 2019

Got something new almost every 6 months it seems

(Seems more dry now because we got that amazing teaser with the announcement last time.)

For Firehouse..So far “officially” were at:
Announcement- june 2022

So if were going off that..we should hear/see something by this month or next. But dont quote me on that.
There was a first chunk of cast announcement in March 2019 where they confirmed McKenna, Finn and Carrie.

For Firehouse we had the announcement in June and the release date confirmation a couple of months later.
One time wrote: November 4th, 2022, 8:21 pm
Creativeguy wrote: November 1st, 2022, 9:41 pm Paul Rudd better return as Gary in this or I'm going to be really annoyed.
He better be a Ghostbuster. In Afterlife he was kind of supposed to represent the uber fan. That character deserves to be a full on Ghostbuster.
I doubt they'd cast Paul Rudd and not have him signed on for a sequel or two. On a related note, I'm still flabbergasted he didn't get a Plasma figure. :(
I'm kind of thinking that Rudd will have Catt's position in Fire House. Being a full-time secretary and mentor to new Busters. He'll have Ray and Winston to fall back on for guidance. It would be interesting to see if they have Ray's bookstore that close to the fire house. (also has anyone found the spot in the alley way where you can actually blast the Ecto with the proton pack?)
deadderek, mrmichaelt liked this
timeware wrote: November 4th, 2022, 10:18 pm It would be interesting to see if they have Ray's bookstore that close to the fire house.
I get that the game will be in it's own universe but I really wish that'd be a part of GB4. Having him next door helping out the new trainees.
timeware, SpaceBallz liked this
There'd be no need for Ray's Occult to move in next door in the movie. Sure, the city is big, but phones and/or taxi/ride share will get him to the firehouse timely enough.

In the game it makes sense for game flow purposes... though there are a vocal few that think even the short distance of the alley is too far and every interactable item should be in the firehouse on the first floor .
mrmichaelt liked this
timeware wrote: November 4th, 2022, 10:18 pm I'm kind of thinking that Rudd will have Catt's position in Fire House. Being a full-time secretary and mentor to new Busters.
A day-to-day operations manager could work. But I still have my previous reservations though.

timeware wrote: November 4th, 2022, 10:18 pm (also has anyone found the spot in the alley way where you can actually blast the Ecto with the proton pack?)
deadderek wrote: November 4th, 2022, 11:01 pm I get that the game will be in it's own universe but I really wish that'd be a part of GB4. Having him next door helping out the new trainees.
zeta otaku wrote: November 4th, 2022, 11:14 pm There'd be no need for Ray's Occult to move in next door in the movie. Sure, the city is big, but phones and/or taxi/ride share will get him to the firehouse timely enough.

In the game it makes sense for game flow purposes... though there are a vocal few that think even the short distance of the alley is too far and every interactable item should be in the firehouse on the first floor .
Yeah, Ray's Occult staying in St. Mark's in the movie canon isn't that awful. It's just a mile and change away. It worked in the IDW canon. Keep a small collection of reference material in the Firehouse and for the research-heavy cases, jump in Ecto, a cab, an uber etc and head to Ray's Occult. Vice versa for Ray after he closes up shop each working day, heads to the Firehouse to help out with training, research, equipment maintenance, sample analysis, light automotive repair, etc.

deadderek wrote: November 4th, 2022, 10:04 pm On a related note, I'm still flabbergasted he didn't get a Plasma figure. :(
Totally. Or Callie. Or Roller Granny. Or Miner Ghost. Or Bug-Eye. Or Muncher... the list rolls on.
deadderek liked this
Despite Ernie not having signed on yet, I think it's a given that Winston will be a main part of the movie. He's investing money in the Ghostbusters resurrection after all.

And, if I recall correctly, Jason said that he'll be a sort of Nick Fury for the GB Universe.

Last but not least, you know what they say: "If there's a steady paycheck...."
deadderek, SpaceBallz liked this
If Ernie says the script he read was very good then I have faith

...that they're not bringing back Vigo hopefully.
BatDan, Davideverona liked this
Davideverona wrote: November 6th, 2022, 6:26 am
And I want to see an epic suit up scene with the old guys.
I wanted that in Afterlife. It'll forever bug me how they just pop out of nowhere suited up and ready to blast away.
deadderek wrote: November 6th, 2022, 11:28 am
Davideverona wrote: November 6th, 2022, 6:26 am
And I want to see an epic suit up scene with the old guys.
I wanted that in Afterlife. It'll forever bug me how they just pop out of nowhere suited up and ready to blast away.
Me too but, in a strange way, I'm glad they didn't put it in Afterlife. It would have been wasted. They were in the middle of nowhere; suiting up and arriving on the scene with the Ecto blazing her sirens in New York... Well, it reaches the maximum on the Epicity Scale.
One time liked this

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Good morning everyone! I have a local toy collect[…]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]