Discuss the upcoming 4th movie, Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire to be released in March 2024.
Chicken, He Clucked wrote: June 3rd, 2023, 4:24 am Dan Aykroyd appeared on Saturday Kitchen on UK TV today. It’s a great appearance, recommend this whole show.

He let slip James Acaster’s character builds new equipment for the team (paraphrasing).
He's the Mark Ruffalo of the GB franchise, isn't he? 😅

Where can we see the segment? Does he get to cook something?
Davideverona wrote: June 3rd, 2023, 4:32 am Where can we see the segment? Does he get to cook something?
Anyone in the UK can watch it here:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m ... n-03062023

So if anyone wants to find the time stamp and transcribe the quote of Dan talking about Acaster's character, please do. <cough>Kingpin<cough>robbitron<cough>

EDIT: I think if you use a VPN service, you should be able to watch it. Connect to a VPN Server in the UK, make an account on BBC iPlayer, and voila.
Davideverona, Kingpin liked this
Chicken, He Clucked wrote:It’s roughly 1h20 in the discussion starts.

“One of the developers of new equipment”
Thanks!

"One of"? Oooo... :)

Davideverona wrote: June 3rd, 2023, 4:32 am Does he get to cook something?
Yes. Here's what he did: https://twitter.com/SaturdayKitchen/sta ... 9904831489

Photo op: https://twitter.com/SaturdayKitchen/sta ... 3849706499

I think if you already use a VPN service, you should be able to watch it. Connect to a VPN Server in the UK, make an account on BBC iPlayer, and voila.
Davideverona liked this
We have an Ectomobile racing through the streets of New York!!!

https://twitter.com/decaffnyc/status/16 ... 36354?s=20

And some ghostly things are happening next to that wiener stand!!

https://twitter.com/MI_Ghostbusters/sta ... 43074?s=20
deadderek liked this
*in before the great Ectomobile slight redesign debate commences*
Corey91, robbritton, Kingpin and 2 others liked this
I really think the pipes are for camera/grip mounting. You can even see a support beam inside of the passenger door, also looks like the camera is inside. There's black pads to guard the paint of the roof, which I doubt are a real addition canon wise - just precaution during filming

edit: ENHANCE! It's a POV shot from inside the ecto, you can see the street view in the monitor. I'm certain those pipes wont be there in the end product

Last edited by Corey91 on June 3rd, 2023, 1:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Corey91 wrote: June 3rd, 2023, 1:34 pm I really think the pipes are for camera/grip mounting. You can even see a support beam inside of the passenger door, also looks like the camera is inside. There's black pads to guard the paint of the roof, which I doubt are a real addition canon wise - just precaution during filming
GBnews has collected a bunch of other folks' pics of the production, and those pipes are missing in a lot of them, so you're almost certainly correct.

I really like the extended red strip down the hood; it sets it noticeably apart from the other Ectos, but is still a pretty subtle addition.
Kingpin, Corey91, mrmichaelt liked this
Looks like the "clam shell" is more than likely a trap (what else could it be?)

mrmichaelt, jonogunn liked this
zeta otaku wrote: June 3rd, 2023, 2:55 pm It could be literally anything. I used to think the sniffer was a roof mounted proton thrower. That could be a lower profile dish as it looks like the radome is now missing from the roof.
I mean...

seriously though, we'll have to wait and see because you make an absolutely valid point
zeta otaku wrote: June 3rd, 2023, 2:55 pm REALLY loving the red stripes running down to the hood.
Those stripes will make Ecto go FASTER

THE FAST AND THE PLASMOUS

Also! Love seeing the red Propello-ray light back up and running
jonogunn liked this
Loving the new stripes and the working Propelloray, not so thrilled on the blue side hoses being made silver as I feel that's lost a bit of the colour contrast with Ecto-1's predominately white appearance... But I can live with it.

Good to have some clearer photos of the "clamshell", which was first spotted near the end of April on the Ecto-1 prop that was/is in London (along with the silver side hoses):

-Would be interesting to know if the car also had the new red stripe detailing as well.

As for what the "clamshell is"? I'm tempted to think it might be a retractable cover for a drone... Probably not a Ghost Trap drone, but maybe a camera drone, or a airborne P.K.E. receiver.

Location breakdowns:
Corey91 wrote: June 3rd, 2023, 12:11 pmImage
= Parked outside 1 West 22nd Street.

SpaceBallz wrote: June 3rd, 2023, 11:03 am We have an Ectomobile racing through the streets of New York!!!

https://twitter.com/decaffnyc/status/16 ... 36354?s=20
= 5th Avenue & East 18th Street, looking north from just outside of the Banana Republic at 105 5th Avenue. The camera follows Ecto-1 as it drives south on 5th, and stops beside the Pandora store at 122 5th Avenue.

WhoaFoogles wrote: June 3rd, 2023, 2:08 pm GBnews has collected a bunch of other folks' pics of the production, and those pipes are missing in a lot of them, so you're almost certainly correct.
Photo 1 = Just south of 5th Avenue and West 21st Street, with Club Monaco at 160 5th Avenue visible in the background.
Photo 2 = Idling on 5th Avenue where it crosses 21st Street.
Photo 3 = Driving south on 5th Avenue, with Rapaport House (155 5th Avenue) in the background.
Photo 4 = Parked outside 1 West 22nd Street, 4 West 22nd Street is visible in the background.

SpaceBallz wrote: June 3rd, 2023, 2:47 pm Looks like the "clam shell" is more than likely a trap (what else could it be?)

= 5th Avenue & 18th Street, looking north-east towards the H&M Store at 111 5th Avenue (which was just visible in the twitter footage above).

LINK
= 5th Avenue & 18th Street, looking west along 18th Street, with Ecto-1 and some of the other cars appearing to be driving north in reverse on 5th Avenue.

LINK
= Idling on 5th Avenue where it crosses 21st Street.

LINK
= Outside 140 5th Avenue, looking towards where 5th Avenue crosses 19th Street. The people just visible with the placards are members of the WGA strike picket.

LINK
= (The siren was almost certainly added by the video uploader) Looking north-west on 5th Avenue with 150 5th Avenue in the background, following Ecto-1 as it drives south and crosses 19th Street (the WGA picket from the previous photo feature prominently in this clip).
Kingpin wrote: June 3rd, 2023, 4:43 pm
= Parked outside 1 West 22nd Street.
Thank you for identifying all that, Kingpin. Just thank you.

It's like Christmas morning see some NYC GB filming. :D

EDIT: https://www.instagram.com/p/CtCOgIIrv2e/
I think this one is at 4 W 22nd St based on Sagaponack in the b.g.

SpaceBallz wrote: June 3rd, 2023, 2:47 pm Looks like the "clam shell" is more than likely a trap (what else could it be?)
Cools, a new take on TVG's Super Slammer roof rack trap if so. Could be one of Acaster's character's new inventions.

It makes sense for a new trap to be made for mobile pursuits. As cool as the RTV is, if mass produced and used on street pursuits, they would get run over and totaled over and over. Though curious with the logistics. Someone on the gunner chair would have a hard time, but I guess essentially pulling the ghost nearly overheard but then again that trap's vortex strength could be strong in power and a wider range like the Super Slammer.
deadderek, jonogunn liked this
There shouldn't be any debate, Ghost Corps says it's not. That's it.

Great to see the ole Ecto on the actual streets of NYC again!

Been waiting since Ghostbusters II to see the Ecto in it's home environment! ❤️
Kingpin liked this
Are these autographs legit?

This is over a month old, but none of the four sig[…]

Charlesworth Dynamics Trap Build

Hi All, The Trap is coming on, I've nearly finish[…]

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]

Finally got my copy today - It's not the worst I'v[…]