By LeBloop
Early this year I've started to build a Slime Blower, it's a personnal challenge because references are small and there is only one thread here with detailled pictures of building. (Many thanks KoCo)

And to add a little bit of pressure on my shoulders, this blower will be the first in France!
For this build I have tried to find accurate parts as it was possible, and if not the closest one.

My build start with accurate spot lights, found on a bicycle used parts website, for a ridiculous price.

I have bought the real pneumatic 3/4" Parker fitting, but I wasn't able to have the male parts in the accurate steel.

I have made my aluminium brackets and plates from an obsolete proton pack motherboard, and mounted it to my Alice frame.

I've bought some 3D print parts from a talented guy named Adam Gamler.

An other nice purchase was some gorgeous accurates labels from Dave Mc Adams.
The 3" caution tape was bought separately.

I made the pumpboxes myself with 0,8mm brass sheet. Here are my third and final attempt, first was in aluminium, second in brass but was not very square. (Thanks Kolten for the template!)

For the tanks and the ball, I've choosed to use acrylic. It's lightweight and strong, I'm not very carefull when I wear my props^^
So I've found pipes and domes, and glued with a special glue for acrylic, and to reinforce the assembly and the area where there are screws or pop rivet, I've used polyurethan resin (G26).
ImageImageImage

It's strong but not enough to resist to a 1m60 (63") fall... :cry:

At this moment I wanted to burned everything around me :evil:
So it was time to do a puzzle and filling, sanding, filling, sanding etc... and cast again some resin.
ImageImageImage

Beside this, I have bought the accurate project boxes in the GBfans shop and the griblies casts from Nickatron.

And there is the result for the pack.

Ok I think this first post on this thread is long enough, let's talk about the gun later :wink:
Last edited by LeBloop on September 13th, 2018, 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Azurial, JAnderson392, KoCo liked this
By LeBloop
My first job on the main tank wasn't sastiyfing because the hot temperatures and the humidity inside it, all the seams have appeard, so I've done again the job and there is the result:

By the way I've forgot to mention my fitting on the ball isn't accurate but can be upgraded as everything on my builds. Same for the green light on the powercell box.
I'm waiting my electronic kit made by a fellow team mate (I've burned it, he has over estimate my skills in that discipline, so now everything should be asssembled and I hope everything should be alright :lol: )
ccv66 liked this
By Azurial
i noticed some cracking in one of your previous pictures I kinda glossed over from when you dropped the part. Have you considered foam filling? it should keep the part together as well as give it some support inside, in case things get rough.
By LeBloop
Azurial wrote: August 30th, 2018, 6:08 pm i noticed some cracking in one of your previous pictures I kinda glossed over from when you dropped the part. Have you considered foam filling? it should keep the part together as well as give it some support inside, in case things get rough.
I was considered that before I did the tanks but finally didn't did it because I think it's strong enough I think. I've just put more resin in it now, and it should resist to a normal use.
The fall was very violent, it was like a hammer impact. The cracking you noticed was just a lack of filling.
Also this props is mainly destined to be shown in our booths in conventions because of the weight (around 36 lbs gun included at this moment, without battery and electronic).
Azurial liked this
By LeBloop
Let's talk about the gun now.

Based on the Throwingchicken's blueprint and highly inspired by KoCo's built.
A lot of stuffs are not accurate, but closed enough to get the "Ok" mention^^
So:
-The body is a 4,5" aluminum pipe.
-The boxes are from Nickatron.
-The nose and the end cap are the 3D printed parts from Adam Gamler as I mentionned it in the first post.
-The pneumatic fittings aren't accurate, if I find the correct ones for a "good" price, I will change this.
-The hose isn't milky and painted as the screen used props, it's red and I prefer that way.
-The "U" handle is all made in aluminum, just because I have some at home and you know what? I like it like this! :lol:
-My biggest issue was to find the hinge. The one I found is a bit big, but looks ok for me.
-My ball valve handle is just inspired from the last KoCo's accurate update, why? I did not want to bore my friend who did the work on it. But have the correct AME mountain bike handle.
-The red and orange panel mount lamps are a bit smaller than the orignals but I think looks good too.
-The green one isn't the correct one but was very cheap and visually correct.
-The nozzels is handmade in aluminum, and I'm very happy of it, happy too to have found a flanged castle nut.
-The strap is simply closed to the originals, but assembled like it.

I think I reviewed everything, let's go for the pics!

ImageImageImage

And a shot of the ugly inside^^

Azurial, KoCo, robandliv and 1 others liked this
By LeBloop
If someone can explain to me how posting a youtube video in a message, it would be very appreciated! :roll:

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]