By AJ Quick
Like the Jurassic Jeep app that I wrote a few days ago.. I have a new app now available. Its a Ghostbusters Ecto-1 siren app that you can plug into your Ecto's PA system and operate as a siren. It has all the proper sound effects. Press the "Lets Run Some Red Lights" button and the siren winds up and then loops. Press the "You can't park that here!" button and it automatically winds down and stops.

Here is a screen shot (the final app looks better, but I was unable to take a screenshot of it running):
ecto-app.jpg
Look for it in the Android Market under "Ghostbusters", and look for my name as the developer. Please rate it 5 stars and give it a good comment! (even if you hate it!)
TayRayGun liked this
By Guardston
AJ Quick wrote:
Look for it in the Android Market under "Ghostbusters", and look for my name as the developer. Please rate it 5 stars and give it a good comment! (even if you hate it!)
Now I'm going to have to dump my Palm Pre and get an android phone :)
By Martog
slimershomie wrote:No chance of having one for the iphone/ipod AJ?
He'd need access to a Mac, an iPod/iPhone/iPad and have a developer account (I think it might cost money) so someone else would have to set up to it. I have an iPod Touch but do not own a Mac or might take a stab at it. I could attempt to get Hackintosh working but that's just a pain to be honest.

I'm not sure how easy it is to make something on that platform, I know Android has an app maker now. That an the almighty Apple would have to approve it on the app store, unless you want to deal with strictly jailbroken devices.

My friend has a Mac but it's PPC based, not sure I could honestly dev anything on that, I think they require Intel Mac's, but I'd have to look into it.
By slimershomie
Martog wrote:
slimershomie wrote:No chance of having one for the iphone/ipod AJ?
He'd need access to a Mac, an iPod/iPhone/iPad and have a developer account (I think it might cost money) so someone else would have to set up to it. I have an iPod Touch but do not own a Mac or might take a stab at it. I could attempt to get Hackintosh working but that's just a pain to be honest.

I'm not sure how easy it is to make something on that platform, I know Android has an app maker now. That an the almighty Apple would have to approve it on the app store, unless you want to deal with strictly jailbroken devices.

My friend has a Mac but it's PPC based, not sure I could honestly dev anything on that, I think they require Intel Mac's, but I'd have to look into it.

not realy just jailbreak it theres an app in cydia that is a app builder ive never messed with it but my buddys have they said they never had any trouble with it plus just put the app in cydia thats free so anyone could download with ease
By Martog
slimershomie wrote:
not realy just jailbreak it theres an app in cydia that is a app builder ive never messed with it but my buddys have they said they never had any trouble with it plus just put the app in cydia thats free so anyone could download with ease
And not everyone wants to jailbreak their devices. I think this would be targeted to be marketed into the App Store for EVERYONE, not just jailbreakers to get a hold of it.

Granted my iPod Touch is jailbroken but meh, I rather make something EVERYONE with an iDevice can use, just not the silly minority who jailbreak.
By slimershomie
Martog wrote:
slimershomie wrote:
And not everyone wants to jailbreak their devices. I think this would be targeted to be marketed into the App Store for EVERYONE, not just jailbreakers to get a hold of it.

Granted my iPod Touch is jailbroken but meh, I rather make something EVERYONE with an iDevice can use, just not the silly minority who jailbreak.
I always seen it as if you dont have it jailbroken its an over priced paper weight.
By Martog
slimershomie wrote: I always seen it as if you dont have it jailbroken its an over priced paper weight.
So you want to sit here and explain to everyone just how to jailbreak their particular device. Explain to them that when the latest, greatest update comes out that they have to wait and show them how to upgrade to a newer jailbroken iOS? Not everyone here is computer savvy enough to really do this on their own. Again you are going for a much smaller market than what Apple has envisioned as a whole. At this point, you have pointed out Cydia has an app builder, why don't you go ahead and make it yourself or have one of your buddies do it? I only jailbroke my 2G just to have multitasking and home screen wallpaper, nothing else. If I would have a 3G Touch, I wouldn't have even bothered. I can do everything I need to without jailbreaking it.

If I am going to tackle, I am going to do it the way that gives EVERYONE with an iDevice access to it without them hacking their device. But again, I would need an Intel based Mac (I already have 10.6 Snow Leopard, but no Mac to plop it on).

Besides, if it was a paperweight, it wouldn't do anything else but sit on paper. :)
By slimershomie
Martog wrote:
slimershomie wrote: I always seen it as if you dont have it jailbroken its an over priced paper weight.
So you want to sit here and explain to everyone just how to jailbreak their particular device. Explain to them that when the latest, greatest update comes out that they have to wait and show them how to upgrade to a newer jailbroken iOS? Not everyone here is computer savvy enough to really do this on their own. Again you are going for a much smaller market than what Apple has envisioned as a whole. At this point, you have pointed out Cydia has an app builder, why don't you go ahead and make it yourself or have one of your buddies do it? I only jailbroke my 2G just to have multitasking and home screen wallpaper, nothing else. If I would have a 3G Touch, I wouldn't have even bothered. I can do everything I need to without jailbreaking it.

If I am going to tackle, I am going to do it the way that gives EVERYONE with an iDevice access to it without them hacking their device. But again, I would need an Intel based Mac (I already have 10.6 Snow Leopard, but no Mac to plop it on).

Besides, if it was a paperweight, it wouldn't do anything else but sit on paper. :)
go to this site on your ipod itouch browser and click the link TA DA jailbroken! Jailbreakme.com good enough for ya?
By Martog
slimershomie wrote:
Martog wrote:
go to this site on your ipod itouch browser and click the link TA DA jailbroken! Jailbreakme.com good enough for ya?
So what happens when Apple fixes that exploit (sounds like 4.1 will have the fix for it, they already have the fix internally working)? Again what happens when someone wants to upgrade their iOS but you say no, but they really want that new feature? What if they accidentally forget and do it, wiping their JB straight off the device? You going to help every single person then? Hmmm?

I don't think it would've been fair if AJ made his app for only people who rooted their Android phones, I would expect it not to be fair to those who do not JB their iOS devices. For a lot people, they do what they need it to do without extra fuss.
By Teamhair
I just got it and LOVE IT!!! I have to go back and rate it now... 5 stars for sure. :)
By s8film40
I've actually been working on some iPhone sound apps. I would love to make a Ghostbusters sound app. I am curious though what are the legal/copyright issues with doing this, I would hate to put the work into it only to have it rejected or pulled. By the way I would be happy to brand it to GBFans like the android one, I'm not really in it for money or anything just want to have something fun to play with.

Here's my current sound app I made for halloween:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sounds-s ... 27045?mt=8
By CPU64
Looks sweet!
maybe get a top closeup of the gun and have the appropriate buttons work the sounds.
Oh and maybe a funny quotes section. that app could be really cool when finished!
By s8film40
AJ Quick wrote:NICE. Care to brand it as a GBFans App? :)

I can throw you some images and logos to use, and then I can make virtually the same app for Android.
I would love to, I'm just unsure how the legal/copyright issues for an app like this work out.

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]