I recently purchased a proton pack from Etsy with ninjatunes and n-filter smoke effects. It didn’t come with any music from the films except for the original Ghostbusters song. I took the mini SD card out and added a bunch of songs from the films. That worked great.

Then I got brave and found some better sound effects that I wanted to replace. I replaced a few of the sound .wav files, making sure to name them the same file names. After replacing the SD card, the sounds were all out of order…the startup sound worked but then it went into the proton stream sound effect instead of the background hum. A bunch of others no longer played correctly either.

I replaced the .wav files with the originals and made sure to delete the ones I had added. It still isn’t working correctly. Is there a way to fix this? Maybe reset the board somehow? I’ve modded lightsabers that use Arduino and the board had a micro USB port to make changes and reset the board, but ninjatunes board doesn’t have this that I can see. Any thoughts?
I just done the same making my own sounds.

I took the SD card out and tried it, the light kit works in the correct sequence, movie mode, Vg mode and overheat..

Just sounds dont work. I think they work on a specific .Wav format or it's coded to run the sounds exactly the length it's set to, you can't change a 30s sound to 1min.

I've contacted the builder and waiting for a solution. What I think is happening is it's skipping sounds and playing the nearest one that works as you would with a playlist.

For me my startup sound is the power down sound because it's skipping and playing the next track in its place.
By EctoLabs
Those sound modules stupidly ignore the file name numbers and actually index the files based on the order they were added to the SD Card. For example, if you've changed 005.wav, when you copy it to the card, the module sees this as the most recently added file and makes that file #1. This is probably why things are now out of order. Ridiculous, but that's how it is.

Try moving them all to your computer, then copying them back to the card one by one in order (001.wav, 002.wav, etc). Might not work, but worth trying.
tobycj liked this
EctoLabs wrote:Those sound modules stupidly ignore the file name numbers and actually index the files based on the order they were added to the SD Card. For example, if you've changed 005.wav, when you copy it to the card, the module sees this as the most recently added file and makes that file #1. This is probably why things are now out of order. Ridiculous, but that's how it is.

Try moving them all to your computer, then copying them back to the card one by one in order (001.wav, 002.wav, etc). Might not work, but worth trying.
Thats exactly how to fix it. Back up the original files, format the sound card and then copy and paste each file numerically back onto the card.

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]