Hello, all!

I am not the most knowledgeable about the fine details of the Proton Pack despite being a fan of Ghostbusters for around ~35 years although I can look at reference photos. I also don't own a 3D printer.

I DO own a Haslab Proton Pack and I have made numerous 3D plastic and metal toy accessories and replacement parts through my Shapeways store, mostly for Transformers.

I'm also generally committed to only modding my Spengler pack in ways that are reversible. None of us are getting another so why make mods we might later be unhappy with?

I'd like to brainstorm with you what specific parts you'd like to see for mods.

Thoughts off the cuff:

Stainless steel faux Clippard elbows with a brass finish that can attach to real wires on one side and the pack on the other.

A custom set of fittings for the ribbon cable that retains pack functionality while allowing people to attach real or 1:1 scale replica ribbon cable.

A new front to the Ion Arm with faux screws on the front restored. Unscrew the old one and screw in the new front. Save the old screws and front for reattachment later if you want. Made in HP black nylon plastic which has a finish similar to the pack and generally has a lot of flexibility and good applicability in mechanical uses.

A full size V hook bracket that has screw placements to use with existing screw placements on the Haslab pack. Based on my guesses, real pack V hook brackets have different screw placements and the BOK bracket, which does have matching screwholes, is smaller than a screen used one. Available in a variety of steel finishes including black and stainless.

Custom brackets for mounting an LC2.

In general, I'm looking to avoid directly competing with GBFans and established prop makers. I'm not looking to replicate anything that can easily be had at a hardware store unless there's a lot of demand for wildly different specs like thinner, screen accurate washers.

Shapeways can be expensive. I'm not a professional, just a guy with a theater degree who did the bare minimum in a scene shop 10 years ago and a toy enthusiast. The advantage to made-to-order 3D printing through a third party is getting bespoke parts, especially in fancier materials like HP Nylon and steel without the need for finishing to remove things like print lines. Somebody with a 3D printer can do cheaper prints from home.

As a benchmark, I'm guessing a V-Hook bracket will be about $60-80 plus shipping. That's generally not cheaper than getting one machined but it won't ever go out of stock and should fit to the millimeter. Probably $15 each or so for the fake Clippard elbows.

Thoughts?
I'm planning on making a (mostly) accurate v-hook for sale. It won't be welded like the screen used ones, but will have all the rest of the wonk of the Phoebe v-hook, and be made to work with the Hasbro Spengler wand, so I may have to adjust dimensions slightly for this. I'll see when I get my hands on a Spengler wand to check dimensions this week.

There's been a few folk have made their own versions of this v-hook for their own builds, so they do exist. I made one for Proton Props first Afterlife commission build a few months ago.
kahuna900 liked this
BDubbbzz wrote: January 17th, 2023, 8:48 pm This is an awesome thread can’t wait to see what’s gets created because of it!

My requests:
1: A more accurate looking R331 valve for the pack that fits the current housing

2: More accurate ion arm cap either with screen accurate screws molded in or can be added.

That’s all I got for now.
Found a 3D printable replacement ion arm cover posted by a user on Facebook.

Unsure if I'll use it myself just yet (I want to investigate a real metal option) but it should help.

https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/various ... on-arm-box?
austerebat wrote: October 2nd, 2023, 2:49 am A user on Facebook submitted a 3D printable replacement ion arm cover. That's great!
breakout game
I have that piece. It's a very good fit

I think it's safer than a metal version that might snag on something and break off the mounts.
kahuna900 liked this
jonogunn wrote: October 2nd, 2023, 11:37 pm
austerebat wrote: October 2nd, 2023, 2:49 am A user on Facebook submitted a 3D printable replacement ion arm cover. That's great!
breakout game
Do you have a link to it or which fb group was it posted?
I used this one:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1396060065 ... _purchases
kahuna900 liked this
One time wrote: October 3rd, 2023, 1:45 pm

I used this one:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1396060065 ... _purchases

Yup, that's the one I chose (weathered option) and I love it!!!

One time liked this
One time wrote: October 3rd, 2023, 1:45 pm

I used this one:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1396060065 ... _purchasesrice purity test
That's great!
Last edited by DemetriusSchweder on February 9th, 2024, 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
TobinsGuide wrote: January 18th, 2023, 1:38 pm
BDubbbzz wrote: January 17th, 2023, 8:48 pm This is an awesome thread can’t wait to see what’s gets created because of it!

My requests:
1: A more accurate looking R331 valve for the pack that fits the current housing

2: More accurate ion arm cap either with screen accurate screws molded in or can be added.

That’s all I got for now.
Found a 3D printable replacement ion arm cover posted by a user on Facebook.

Unsure if I'll use it myself just yet (I want to investigate a real metal option) but it should help.

https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/various ... -arm-box?/wordle
Many thanks. I used it!

There's some fun dialogue TV-edits, a replacement[…]

I missed out on the Haslab packs too. I am conside[…]

Thanks The_Y33TER ! Confirmation there's no elect[…]

A little sneak preview of one of the bedrock parts[…]