Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By mrmichaelt
We've reached the 33rd anniversary of Ghostbusters II, premiered June 16, 1989.

Share your favorite scenes, your favorite quotes, memories of seeing it in theater, thinking you saw the Slimer ending, what have you but stay positive, remember that river...

Ghostbusters II was actually the first GB movie I saw. Saw in a theater that no longer exists with my parents and one of my earliest childhood memories is of that cold open with the mood slime pulsing up through the crack in the sidewalk! I'm still fuzzy on if I saw GBII first or RGB but good times! I also got the record album soundtrack and listened to it non-stop with the first movie's album on the family record player when I was a kid.

Looking forward to more deleted scenes and hopefully an assembly cut being found and released in a future set (and convincing derek osborn to let me see his drafts :P). Oooh, and still hope a copy of The Seed draft will pop up in the public someday.
ccv66, robbritton liked this
By ccv66
I watched it again before seeing afterlife, definitely doesn't deserve the hate. Alot of subtle charming humor. If the first movie didn't exist it'd be a cult classic.

I saw it in theaters as a kid and only had two complaints.

1. How dare they recast Winston and get rid of the guy with the mustache.

2. All the Ghostbusters in the painting at the end. Walking statue of liberty, totally believable. Four painted portraits out of nowhere, pretty far fetched
By WCat2000
Always liked it. I had the soundtrack on cassette tape and listened to it all the time too. Favorites were Higher and Higher, Flip City, Spirit and On Our Own.

There’s a lot of memorable quotes but one I really like that I never see brought up is when Egon says...”Ray we’d like to shoot the monster could you move please”.

Never saw first 2 in theaters (I was born in 1984) and I’m not sure if I saw the cartoon first. I mean before both movies. I remember having some of the toys at the time.

Did not understand the painting either. Honestly thought it was kinda weird.

Did not really like all the extra stuff on the Ecto. It came off cluttered too me and always bothered me they never say what it does. Besides the lights.

Did not make sense to me that they’d be out of business after the first but didn’t think about it that much at the time. I just went with it.
By UEF
Only just realising this, but did they release pretty much everything to do with Ghostbusters in one week every year? The first 2 films, the game... even Afterlife at one point was going to come out June 11 2021
By mrmichaelt
UEF wrote:Only just realising this, but did they release pretty much everything to do with Ghostbusters in one week every year? The first 2 films, the game... even Afterlife at one point was going to come out June 11 2021
The date for Ghostbusters II was an interesting tale. Originally, they were going for July 4, 1989 but Ivan Reitman decided on June 23 but in the middle of production, the crew learned "Batman" was slated to release on the 23, too. Reitman asked the studio for the 16th. According to the late Michael Gross, he and Joe Medjuck went pale in the face and editor Sheldon Kahn fainted. And of course I'm sure everyone at ILM dropped dead as they still had over 100 shots left do and it kept increasing up to like 180 I think and with their backs against the wall.

The Video Game, I don't remember at what point it was decided on June because of the company merger and Atari ending up with it left it jeopardy several times, but at the latest that January 2009 was when it was decided to coincide with the anniversary.
prodestrian wrote: 2020, actually :wink:
Afterlife had 4 dates before the final November 19, 2021 one: July 10, 2020, March 5, 2021, and June 11, 2021, and November 11, 2021.

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]